Yunnan Province, Southern China

zain

Sep 2, 2009
Yempaul, just read your post. Very amazing but unfortunately could not see the pics. I hope you can assist me with the agent you hired. Tq

Mar 30, 2010
zain;285491 wrote: Yempaul, just read your post. Very amazing but unfortunately could not see the pics. I hope you can assist me with the agent you hired. Tq
I am guessing Yempaul used Facebook to post the pictures and copy the URL across.

Very annoyingly FB changed all the URLs to pictures.. so nothing more than 3 to 6 months works anymore :-(

Needless to say. I will not be using FB any more to share photo's on trip reports..

Cheers
Brian

zain

Sep 2, 2009
Hi Yempaul. Hope you can share the agent you use in China. Really appreciate it. Tqvm.

Nov 15, 2007
Yup ... fb sucks in hosting pictures ... will get it fixed soon ..

Zain ... my apologies ... am currently in Laos on a 3 weeks trip ... will pass you the details when i am back home ...

Mar 30, 2010
yempaul;286001 wrote: Yup ... fb sucks in hosting pictures ... will get it fixed soon ..

Zain ... my apologies ... am currently in Laos on a 3 weeks trip ... will pass you the details when i am back home ...
I now use Photobucket.. So much better than FB for pictures.. also you have the link there.. click on it and paste in the report.

No need to type etc etc.. certainly makes trip reports less painful..

Cheers
Brian

Dec 27, 2007
brian_bkk;286018 wrote: I now use Photobucket.. So much better than FB for pictures.. also you have the link there.. click on it and paste in the report.

No need to type etc etc.. certainly makes trip reports less painful..

Cheers
Brian[/quote]
I'm using photobucket now too, and it's easy but sometimes so very very slow... Wonder what other photo hosting services GT-Riders recommend?

Mar 30, 2010
TonyBKK;286022 wrote: I'm using photobucket now too, and it's easy but sometimes so very very slow... Wonder what other photo hosting services GT-Riders recommend?
On my PC it is fine.. But it screws up a bit on my Mac with Flash installed...

Believe David said you can upload directly to the site.. But not sure if that will speed things up.. As usually FB / Photobucket etc will compress the pic before uploading..

Cheers
Brian

zain

Sep 2, 2009
yempaul;286001 wrote: Yup ... fb sucks in hosting pictures ... will get it fixed soon ..

Tq. Hope to recieve your reply.

Mar 30, 2010
Captain_Slash;286046 wrote: Brian have you sussed out how to copy the entire lot over in one go or do you copy the links individually?
Afraid not Colin.. Have not really looked in to it. Believe the next best way is to share the album.. But that distracts from the trip report.

Most people including myself rarely click through to other links.. eg.. Blogs, albums etc etc.. Just like to have all the info presented in front of us and scroll up and down..

Looks like we have managed to get off topic here.. Sorry Yempaul..

Brian

comxoz

May 7, 2012
Hi YemPaul, my name is Craig. A mate and myself would love to travel to Yunnan mid next year having trouble finding out anything re people to hire or help with our trip. We normally ride on our own but in China realize we would need a guide and bike hire. Some of the places we have spoken with want $80US per day for bikes same for guide. Sounds like you found someone special who helped you. Can you please let me know some contact information.