ZONGSHEN 150 SUPERMOTARD 69000 bht

ron

Jun 16, 2007
ZONGSHEN 150 SUPERMOTARD 69000 bht
now for sale in chiangrai

looks good , in size and build quality , except for the rear balloon tyre size 15 inch , front is normal 17 size

it looks like a CBR frame & engine but in supermotard cloths

the chinese are coming slowly but sure

Mar 11, 2008
How they hold up over a year or two is always the question with these kind of chinese machines but its certainly priced right..

Would be nice to see a few more photos from other angles and higher rez.

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
I'd stay away from everything chinese...
A friend of mine bought a Platinum 175 Enduro, after one year all he said was that "lots of trips to the repairshop are necessary". Top speed is 90 km/h.
But one thing I have to give the Chinese, they did what Honda should have done: come out with a supermoto based on the CBR150R - I'd but that for 70,000 THB! Come on, Honda, how about an XR150L or XR150X? The Kawasaki KLX/D-Tracker 125 are too small and too expensive!

Oct 17, 2006
I was recently working on a project , we had a Chinese made licensed copy of a Dutch Huisman crane rated at 1800ton lift capacity, the Huismans usually will lift over that but this Chinese made one bent at 968 tons and snapped at 1104 tons nearly killing some riggers.and the barge the crane was on was also Chinese and only 18months old but was already rotten , the watertight doors were rusty and bent !!!!!!

With chinese products its not uncommon ...just ask the Thai Navy about the shiney new Chinese destroyers they are saddled with but are actually trash.

ron

Jun 16, 2007
some more pictures , and no i am not in the market for one ,looking for a D-tracker next year ,

i guess we will only find out in a few years about the quality ,

but i think this is one of the best-biggest brands in china , coming to thailand (chiangrai only ? ) trough the backdoor , it seems

no marketting campaign , dealers , spare parts , ... ?

some time ago i was professionally involved in concrete pumps , german brand : Putzmeister : the best quality , but with their " Benz " prices it seems now the chinese have taken over a lot of marketshare in europe

741638031_DR8NT-L.jpg

741637427_H4maZ-L.jpg

741643544_Lapu3-L.jpg

Nov 7, 2007
Ron, thanks for the pics,
actually looking at these pics it really doesn't look too bad...sure we can't see inside nor do we see the materials been used or it's "life-expectancy" we shall see in about 1-2 years how they last. Hope they do , more choices of Bikes can only be good for us Bikers.

Happy trails,

mbox

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
Right, it doesn't look bad, they must have bought some foreign designers. Seeing a bike like that on the showroom floor with a tempting price tag I can see why some people decide to buy it. But you won't have to wait 1-2 years to find out about the quality, usually they break down on the way home from the dealer...!
Another very true saying goes: BUY THE BEST AND ONLY CRY ONCE.

Nov 7, 2007
You are right actually...but we don't really know until someone tries this out- i am about to get an xr250 to play in the dirt ...so i am not going to try a zongshen :) (i guess i have a good excuse for "not to"?) Maybe someone else will do the "testpilot " on this?
mbox

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
I have multiple Chinese Bikes and they are actually Better than the Thai made Tiger, I know as I have that as well :shock: My Bikes have been Thrashed and Crashed from Day one and besides the Cosmetic Damage they have stood up to Constant abuse well :wink: Mechanically they are Very basic but reliable. Chinese Products are improving constantly but unfortunately the Price Gap is closing between Their Products and others so in some cases they are not the Bargain they first appear to be :?: They even Produce a Quality Copy of a Honda CRF450X which is being Sold and Raced in Australia as we Speak! i would prefer my Yamaha or Kawasaki but You get what You Pay for and My Pantera XRA250 are a Far better Bike than the Platinum 8)

Nov 7, 2007
Ian Bungy wrote: I have multiple Chinese Bikes and they are actually Better than the Thai made Tiger, I know as I have that as well :shock: My Bikes have been Thrashed and Crashed from Day one and besides the Cosmetic Damage they have stood up to Constant abuse well :wink: Mechanically they are Very basic but reliable. Chinese Products are improving constantly but unfortunately the Price Gap is closing between Their Products and others so in some cases they are not the Bargain they first appear to be :?: They even Produce a Quality Copy of a Honda CRF450X which is being Sold and Raced in Australia as we Speak! i would prefer my Yamaha or Kawasaki but You get what You Pay for and My Pantera XRA250 are a Far better Bike than the Platinum 8)
Hi Ian, i would be keen to know what Bikes from Tiger you are having? And are those recent ones ie from within the last 2 years? Thank you for info,

mbox

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
Robin, I disagree there. It takes a certain mind set, characteristic, work ethics and much else to produce a reliable engine and/or vehicle. I've lived in Japan and realized after some time how much the Japs and the Germans have in common. They are able to build the most reliable engines because they have extremely focussed work ethics and pride in their work (oops, I don't want to sound too patriotic - my excuse is that I live in Thailand). It's easy to copy the looks, but if there is no product quality control or the assembly line is 50 years old there won't be good products.