Kawasaki Versys is here

Nov 7, 2007
@Fatlad

*round of applause*

Excellent stuff; update us on whether or not the thing works, especially turning it back on ;)

Nov 21, 2010
Fatlad;269409 wrote:

No testing today, Man not seen rain like this for a long time, will report later.
Shit weather indeed ... but nice house .... good it is a bit higher!

Chang Noi

Fatlad

Nov 27, 2010
Just to report the ABS switch with relay works like a dream, the ABS can be switched off while on the move, to turn it back on again you need to stop the bike turn the ignition off then on again and it reset its self.
While switched off you have the visual yellow light showing just to remind you its off.
You can easily lock either wheel, so all happy now just need a few fine days.:thumbup:

lkp73

Jul 2, 2011
Hi, guy just check with your the original oil filter that cost in
Thailand and the clutch cable.
Where can I get the original part in Thailand.
Which province got the Kawasaki agent.
Cos I'm riding up to haytai and Pruket.

Dec 27, 2007
lkp73;269468 wrote: Hi, guy just check with your the original oil filter that cost in

You can purchase OEM parts from any of the Kawasaki Big Bike dealers in Thailand. If memory serves (which it often doesn't) the oil filter is around 300 Baht, but I could certainly be wrong. ;-)
Can't imagine anyone's ordered a clutch cable yet since these bikes are brand new in Thailand. You could call Kawasaki on Monday and ask the price. The part number is 54011-0107
You can find contact numbers and dealer locations here:
http://www.kawasakibigbike.com/contact.asp
Let the Good Times ROLL!
Tony
_mg_3915_32.jpg

Dec 27, 2007
Just installed some Pirelli MT60 RS Corsa's on the Versys today and will try them out at BoDin tomorrow- can't wait!
VersysMt60RSSSR.jpg

VersysMt60RS1SSR.jpg

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

Dec 27, 2007
lkp73;269468 wrote: Hi, guy just check with your the original oil filter that cost in

The Versys Clutch Cable, part number is 54011-0107, costs 240 Baht :)

Nov 21, 2010
Tony that looks great! Would even look better if you would wash your bike ... (I had my first car-wash-motorbike experience .... never again!)

I was considering the Scorpion Trial but just made my mind up for the MT60 RS Corsa (not same same and different as MT60). Could buy they here in PTY but "Balancing?" ..... I better make a trip next week to OnNut Road for my own saftey.

So indeed also wondering to know if you feel any difference in the front fender clearance? Pat said that the size of the MT60RS Corsa would be 100% the same as the stock Dunlops.

Chang Noi

Fatlad

Nov 27, 2010
269586=4157-SAM_0555.jpg

Front tyre 12000km 30psi bit of scalloping mainly due to hard braking.

269586=4155-SAM_0556.jpg

Rear Tyre 6200km 28psi near perfect wear across the whole tyre, works ideal on and off road.

269586=4154-SAM_0557.jpg

SW Motech foot rests, larger than oridginal with removable rubber pad to give you this grippy surface ideal in wet and muddy conditions.

Attached files
269586=4156-SAM_0554.jpg

Dec 27, 2007
Fantastic day at BoDin trying out the Versys with new Pirelli MT60 RS Corsa's-
July7VersysBoDin2SSR.jpg

I set the preload to softest setting front and rear and lowered the pressure on the tires to about 28psi and wow, the big girl handled quite well!

July7VersysBoDin3SSR.jpg

Silly me- brought the GoPro to get some video and only discovered once I was there that I forgot the memory card! Doh!
rolleyes.gif

July7VersysBoDin1SSR.jpg

July7VersysBoDinSSR.jpg

BoDinMap.jpg

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

Dec 27, 2007
whitehead;269578 wrote: Did removing the side frames affect the bike in anyway? I had no idea it was just bolted on.

Are you talking to me? Are you asking about the passenger footpegs?

Nov 4, 2010
Am not sure of their correct name but you have removed the space frames that are normally just below the seat - I wondered if it affected the bike in anyway positive or negative?

Dec 27, 2007
whitehead;269600 wrote: Am not sure of their correct name but you have removed the space frames that are normally just below the seat - I wondered if it affected the bike in anyway positive or negative?

"space frames"... :wtf:

You mean the brackets that hold the passenger footpegs, right?

That's what they are for- to hold the passenger foot pegs.

They serve no other purpose.

Hope that answers your question...

Fatlad

Nov 27, 2010
TonyBKK;269612 wrote: "space frames"... :wtf:

You mean the brackets that hold the passenger footpegs, right?

That's what they are for- to hold the passenger foot pegs.

They serve no other purpose.

Hope that answers your question...

Tony
I would have to agree with Whitehead here, these not only hold the passenger pegs but also transfere weight from the rear end of the bike down towards the rear swing arm pivot, otherwise your whole rear end is just relying on the two 1'' dia rear subframe tubes to carry the whole weight of the seat backwards and these are nearly level, so will easily bend if not break and by creating this triangle this how it acheives its strength ?????????????
You are a braver man than me

Dec 27, 2007
Don't worry gents, the a$$ isn't going to fall off my Versys simply from removing a couple of superfluous passenger peg stays ;-)

As you know the Ninja 650R / ER6n and Versys KLE 650 are almost identical.

Compare the KLE650 and EX650 frames (I posted these in a Kawiforums thread and it was suprising how long it took someone to identify which frame belongs to which bike) :lolno:

KA0809030028EX650FrameSSR.jpg

KA0110020020VersysFrameSSR.jpg

As you can see, the rear subframe is pretty much identical on both bikes, but of course even though the EX650 doesn't have Dan's "space frames" I have yet to hear of it's a$$ falling off :smile1:

Kawasaki_Ninja_650R_WhiteSSR.jpg

2011VersysImperialRedRHSSR.jpg

Fatlad

Nov 27, 2010
whitehead;269641 wrote: Good point

Er yes good point, but the brackets seem very over engineered just to be rear foot peg carriers.
I agree looking at the pictures but are they the same diameter and thickness tubes, as most manufacturers produce things the cheapest way they can

Nov 21, 2010
Fatlad;269658 wrote: Er yes good point, but the brackets seem very over engineered just to be rear foot peg carriers.
I agree looking at the pictures but are they the same diameter and thickness tubes, as most manufacturers produce things the cheapest way they can

Fatlad here you have a good point .... on the other hand there are not only "rear foot peg carriers" as some people do not only rest there foot on it but their all body-weight.

BTW Tony for the people knowing their bike it is very easy to see which frame is for the Versys (although it took me a few secs to think about it)

Chang Noi

Dec 27, 2007
Love this bike!

Two days ago I was playing in dirt-
July7VersysBoDinSSR.jpg

Yesterday cleaned off all the mud, changed to Diablo Supercorsas, dialed in the suspension and today hit the track!

Versatile system indeed! :mrgreen:
July9ThailandCircuitVersysSSR.jpg

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony