Kawasaki Versys is here

Fatlad

Nov 27, 2010
Hi Nikster
If you looking for a Mivv exhaust i brought in two from the UK, one for myself and one for a friend, from what he said last night he is going to remove it and fit the oridginal he loves the quite sound, will ask him how much.

Eric

Nov 7, 2007
Fatlad;264935 wrote: Hi Nikster
If you looking for a Mivv exhaust i brought in two from the UK, one for myself and one for a friend, from what he said last night he is going to remove it and fit the oridginal he loves the quite sound, will ask him how much.

Eric

That would be awesome, thanks! Is the Miiv very loud? I do prefer a quieter exhaust, too... just love the looks of the Miiv Ghibli, it looks awesome. AFAIK it has a removable DB killer doesn't it?

Do you find it improves performance?

cheers, N.

Fatlad

Nov 27, 2010
It comes with two tips, one full open and the other a decibel killer, to me not to loud, the Two Bros i had on the ER6 was way way louder.
As for performance i think most of its in the head, it sounds more powerful, which for Thailand is good.

Eric

Dec 27, 2007
Most aftermarket pipes give a modest 2-3 Hp gain but they also help cut A LOT of weight and improve throttle response.

The combination of extra power and less weight should be quite noticeable.

Ride On!

Tony

Fatlad;264942 wrote: It comes with two tips, one full open and the other a decibel killer, to me not to loud, the Two Bros i had on the ER6 was way way louder.
As for performance i think most of its in the head, it sounds more powerful, which for Thailand is good.

Eric

Rolf

Jan 28, 2009
here a Hurric pipe with mounted db eater on an ER6n. Sounds great and you can here sometimes the quick throttle response!
With my +100kg I unfortunatelly don't feel the extra power :-(
Mobile Atlas screenshots
Mobile Atlas screenshots

br
Rolf

Fatlad

Nov 27, 2010
Why not run with a half full or half empty fuel tank maybe 10 litre fuel approx 10kg weight saving, and also saving you money as you have not filled the tank full!!
I do agree for a race bike these savings would be vast if you could save weight by replacing the exhaust, but i think for the average rider here riding on normal roads this would be negliable.

Eric
TonyBKK;264966 wrote: Most aftermarket pipes give a modest 2-3 Hp gain but they also help cut A LOT of weight and improve throttle response.

The combination of extra power and less weight should be quite noticeable.

Ride On!

Tony

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
Talking about losing weight, I just read that Dymag, the famous aluminum/magnesium/carbon fibre racing wheel producer, is back in business.
Read more here: http://www.dymag.com/

Jan 8, 2011
Does anyone know of a place renting a Versys other than in Phuket? I would like to test ride one for several hours and several hundred kms before I buy one. Riding around the parking lot at BigBike was nice, but doesn't really let me know if I'm comfortable on the bike for any periods of time. So I am looking to rent one for a day or two to check it out. I live in Samutprakarn.

Thanks

Dec 27, 2007
Bangkok Bike Rent has a Versys for rent in Bangkok.

Link:http://www.bangkokbikesrental.com/

Happy Trails!

Tony
KhaoKho39.jpg

Nordman;264980 wrote: Does anyone know of a place renting a Versys other than in Phuket? I would like to test ride one for several hours and several hundred kms before I buy one. Riding around the parking lot at BigBike was nice, but doesn't really let me know if I'm comfortable on the bike for any periods of time. So I am looking to rent one for a day or two to check it out. I live in Samutprakarn.

Thanks

Nov 7, 2007
Great link Harry! I've asked Kawa CM about exhausts, they have nothing. No Miiv; No Thai-made. Only that ugly Leo Vince which sounds good but looks .... uh well I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

They do have some original Kawasaki OEM handguards now that look pretty nice. 5.5k baht is a bit steep though.

Fatlad

Nov 27, 2010
nikster;265079 wrote: Great link Harry! I've asked Kawa CM about exhausts, they have nothing. No Miiv; No Thai-made. Only that ugly Leo Vince which sounds good but looks .... uh well I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

They do have some original Kawasaki OEM handguards now that look pretty nice. 5.5k baht is a bit steep though.

Hi Nikster
Have you looked on the Versys Thailand web site, Terra bikes have a few in stock even the new Yoshimura TRDC which is one sexy exhaust ot the twin pipes Ixill again looks mean, my mate gone A.W.A.L so no news about the Mivv yet.

Eric

Jul 18, 2009
Can get the Yoshimura in Chiang Mai but it doesnt have the O2 Sensor bung. Ive purchased a MIVV Ghibli from KL , waiting for a friend to post it

Dec 27, 2007
schackster;265082 wrote: Can get the Yoshimura in Chiang Mai but it doesnt have the O2 Sensor bung. Ive purchased a MIVV Ghibli from KL , waiting for a friend to post it

Any little roadside welding shop can throw on a bung for 200-400 Baht :)

Jul 18, 2009
Despite reading some adverse comments about Pirelli Scorpion Trail tyres , I put a set on my Versys last week and I must say that im really happy with them so far . Seem to grip well in the wet and dry , so far no slippage when cornering. For me they are much better than the original Dunlops that the bike came with. Thanks to Well I was also able to sell the Dunlops for half of what the new tyres cost me . I know Rod also put a set on his D-Tracker and hes very happy with them also. It will be interesting to see how many kilometres I can get out of them.

Fatlad

Nov 27, 2010
schackster;266330 wrote: Despite reading some adverse comments about Pirelli Scorpion Trail tyres , I put a set on my Versys last week and I must say that im really happy with them so far . Seem to grip well in the wet and dry , so far no slippage when cornering. For me they are much better than the original Dunlops that the bike came with. Thanks to Well I was also able to sell the Dunlops for half of what the new tyres cost me . I know Rod also put a set on his D-Tracker and hes very happy with them also. It will be interesting to see how many kilometres I can get out of them.

Just replaced my Pirelli MT60 RS Corsa rear at 6800km, front OK for probably 2 more rear tyres, will try the Scorpion trail next let me know what kms the rear will do, great tyre but would like at least 10000 km.

Jul 18, 2009
A friend was saying that when he goes to Laos he was thinking of putting on the MT90"s . Not sure how much clearance there will be between the tyre and the front mudgaurd. Any similar issues with the MT60"s ?

Jul 25, 2010
I am looking at putting a Hyperpro 30 rear shock and fork springs on my Versys. I ride solo sometimes and other times two up with a but of kit, two boxes actually so max weight for a small bike. The stock shock is hard if not imposable to adjust, so I need something that I can easily change depending on the weight. Does any one have any experiences that they can share re the Hyperpro? They get good reviews from what I have seen.

Fatlad

Nov 27, 2010
Hi
Just replaced my Versys front fork springs with the Hyperpro progressive ones and changed the oil to the Hyperpro, found the Oridginal ones bottomed out to many times while riding in the dirt, the bikes feels totally different now when ridding at speed offroad, will post video showing the forks working riding on Concrete Dirt and Tarmac.
VERY NOISY DID NOT RELISE THIS MUCH NOISE FROM THE ENGINE AND BOX!

Fatlad

Nov 27, 2010
MT60s ok clearance same oridginal tyres, all ok in the dry season but i think problems in the wet if riding in the dirt, going to lift the front guard on mine up to the top hole fit a bracket to hold, ordered new brake pipe that links the two calipers together, will post picture when completed.

Apr 24, 2011
I am thinking of renting the Versys when I come to Chiangmai in June. Rented the ER6F from Mr Beer last year, but doubt he has any Versys. Know from this forum that only Mr Mechanic has the Versys, and wonder if anyone had any experience to share. I am open to all suggestions, having considered renting bikes like D-Tracker, Beemer, Harleys, or any bikes for a period of about 8-9 days. Hope to get some responses here.

Nov 7, 2007
iceangel;267437 wrote: I am thinking of renting the Versys when I come to Chiangmai in June. Rented the ER6F from Mr Beer last year, but doubt he has any Versys. Know from this forum that only Mr Mechanic has the Versys, and wonder if anyone had any experience to share. I am open to all suggestions, having considered renting bikes like D-Tracker, Beemer, Harleys, or any bikes for a period of about 8-9 days. Hope to get some responses here.

What's the question?? Yes, you can rent a Versys. Last time I heard it was 1500 - 1800 / day.