07 HONDA XR650R NEW $4250

Jan 19, 2007
THIS BIKE IS NEW, IS IN INDOSESIA ,COLLECTION IS FINE, LOCAL REG IS AN ADDITIONAL $375,THIS IS THE KICK START MODEL,..

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Still thinking about Captain Slash, was a nice bike wasn't it, did yuo see the note on the 800CC Suzuki, that one is a heck of a buy it's down to 290 now with a book. Listed on Baht and Sold

Jan 19, 2007
Originally posted by Robin Holmes

I have an XR650R in England, I'd love one in Thailand. I expect it is just as hard to as it would be to export mine? Prohibitively e

HI ROBIN, I HAD ONE IN THE UK AND OVER HERE ,GREAT TIL YOU HAVE TO KICK IT IN THIS HEAT, WHY WONT THEY PUT ELEC START ON THEM ? CRAZY

Captain. I also think starting the Big Red Pig is "piece of piss".................here in the UK. But in 40 degree's of heat on a slope after an off I'm sure would be completely different. Don't tell me.........You never fall off? Ha ha ha ha ha..................

Jan 19, 2007
Originally posted by Captain_Slash

I had an XR650 here in the UK for a couple of years and starting it is a piece of piss, it is a competition machine and electric start needs a battery which just adds useless weight
[They are not a bad bike BUT now outdated, the ktm is heaven by comparison,.i had one here ( XR650R ) for 4 years and did 60.000kms on it, i could start it with my hand, and did to show off when people said they were a bad starter, but ride through the cardaman mountains at 35 celcius in tight stuff where is stalls and or youre falling off and you will hate that kicker, in the uk its usually cold and youre glad of the exercise/work to keep warm,! i won the lands end trial on one ! not really in the spirit of the event with those BSAs and TRIUMPHS but staying awake on that all nighter deserves a prize !

Jan 19, 2007
quote:

Originally posted by Captain_Slash

So how much for the Shadow VT 750 delivered to Chiang Mai including the green book and number plate ?

wouldnt be something i would do. i could deliver to a thai port / airport but i wouldnt get involved in registering /clearing the bike as it would probably drive me to suicide !

Muzz

Mar 27, 2007
Hiya Mike, just sent you an e-mail. Let me know if you received or not...

Thanks

Muzz

Jan 19, 2007
quote:

Originally posted by Ian Bungy

Hi Mike,
Sent you an Email already, I will Buy it if the Cost to Send to New Zealand is not to Much. Look forward to your Reply.
Cheers Ian.

Hi ian, is it the 600 you want or the 650 ? mike

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
Hi Mike,
I want the XR650R. I have spoken to my Friend in NZ and he asked do you have more than one avalible? Also are they Brand New and never been Ridden? If so can you make sure that no Jungle Bunny ran the engine without Oil? Sounds silly but i know it has happened with new Bikes, some one wants to Fire it up but doesn't check!
Talk soon, Cheers Ian.

Jan 19, 2007
quote:

Hi Mike,
I want the XR650R. I have spoken to my Friend in NZ and he asked do you have more than one avalible? Also are they Brand New and never been Ridden? If so can you make sure that no Jungle Bunny ran the engine without Oil? Sounds silly but i know it has happened with new Bikes, some one wants to Fire it up but doesn't check!
Talk soon, Cheers Ian.

HI IAN, THEY ARE NEW AND ARE AS YET IN THE CRATES,. YOU CAN PDI THEM YOURSELF ! ALL THE BEST, MIKE

Jan 19, 2007
quote:

Hi Mike,
Talk soon, Cheers Ian.

SORRY IAN, MEANT TO SAY YES THERE ARE A COUPLE OF THESE AVAILABLE

bill

Mar 29, 2004
Mike
Have you ever considered importing bikes to Cambodia ?

The official import tax on my DRZ400S 2003 model was a bit over $400 and rego cost me $21 one off charge, so it seems the regulatory costs are cheaper here than in Thailand.

Lucky Lucky Motorcycles got the tax papers for me and they actually use the Sihanoukville Customs Dept because it was $70 cheaper.
So if you shipped bikes to Cambodia thru Sihanoukville.......

The prices you have have been quoting lately for various new bikes seems competetive to the local importers here.

Could be a good market for you ?

Jan 19, 2007
quote:

Originally posted by bill

Mike
Have you ever considered importing bikes to Cambodia ?

The official import tax on my DRZ400S 2003 model was a bit over $400 and rego cost me $21 one off charge, so it seems the regulatory costs are cheaper here than in Thailand.

Lucky Lucky Motorcycles got the tax papers for me and they actually use the Sihanoukville Customs Dept because it was $70 cheaper.
So if you shipped bikes to Cambodia thru Sihanoukville.......

The prices you have have been quoting lately for various new bikes seems competetive to the local importers here.

Could be a good market for you ? ,THANKS BILL, IM ACTUALLY GOING THERE NEXT WEEK TO SEE A FRIEND OF MINE CHOVE AT FLYING BIKES, I USED TO IMPORT BIKES FROM HIM TO THE UK BY CONTAINER LOAD BETWEEN 02 AND 04, AND HE IS AWARE OF IMPORTING TO CA,.THANKS AND HOPEFULLY WE WILL GET SOME OF THESE BIKES THERE WHERE ALL DIRT BIKES BELONG ! ,MIKE

bill

Mar 29, 2004
Sounds good Mike

I would have preferred to buy a legit brand new bike instead of my ex Japan slightly used with a broken steering lock DRZ.
Unfortunately there was nothing available at the time.

I hear FB recently sold an as new XR400 2006 for around $6300 tax paid with a set of SM wheels thrown in.
I thought that was a bit pricey.

I wonder what price your new 07 XR650R would sell for in Cambodia once shipping charges, tax, and importers margin were factored in

Jan 19, 2007
quote:

Originally posted by bill

Sounds good Mike

I would have preferred to buy a legit brand new bike instead of my ex Japan slightly used with a broken steering lock DRZ.
Unfortunately there was nothing available at the time.

I hear FB recently sold an as new XR400 2006 for around $6300 tax paid with a set of SM wheels thrown in.
I thought that was a bit pricey.

I wonder what price your new 07 XR650R would sell for in Cambodia once shipping charges, tax, and importers margin were factored in

hi bill. yes he does sometimes have to charge a decent price ,. i dont know if you are aware but nearly all big bikes in japan have been reimported as they too have cc restriction,.and as such bigger bikes ( over 250 ) seem to command a premium,.same in thailand here, a friend of mine just paid 110.000baht for a mint 05 xr250 elec start,. an xr400elec start ( id never seen one before ! ) in pattaya here just made 220 without a book,.im working on getting most of these bikes to cambodia as its cheap to import and easy to register,ill keep you posted, all the best, mike

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
Hi Mike,
What's the latest on the 650? A few Questions:
1, How many are avalible?
2, Do they have the Road Kit, indicators, lights etc?
3, Do you have the Price of Shipping to NZ yet?
Cheers Ian.