2 questions from a newbie in Bangkok - Thanks

Mar 30, 2010
Hi Gents,

I am new to this site and have just bought my first bike. Kawasaki Ninja 650R.

Hope you can give me some good advice below:-

1.) Are there any Bike clubs in Bangkok?
Looking to go away on weekends may be long weekends to southern Laos, Khao Yai etc..

2.) Any one up for a trip to Pakse and the Boolavan Plateau in May? Thinking to take a Friday and Monday off.. Take the Bike on the over night train to Ubon and then drive to be border early in the AM.. this way don't waste too much time getting there an back a have more quality Laos time.

Recently did 1000km out from Luang Prabang over 5 days on a Honda wave.. Was fun and got me hooked on bikes :) But the wave didn't really cut it on those mountains ;-)

Any tips and ideas are welcome.

Thanks fellas
Brian

Sep 22, 2008
Brian. secretsoi.com is a group that do a fair few rides and tours. i'm pretty sure they are not going to put bikes on a train though :D . check them out. also check out hd playground.com for up and coming bike nights/shows. (s well as the event section here at GT)
Allan

Feb 28, 2010
Hi there,

I now life in Ubon and might be interested in heading to Pakse with you. Keep me in the loop.

Cheers

Gerrard

Feb 23, 2010
Thanks for your post Brian and great question!

I second that : ANY MOTORCYCLE CLUBS IN BANGKOK?? :)

I would love to know. It would be nice to meet from time to time to ride around Bangkok and grab a few beers when the bikes are asleep.

Cheers,

Esat

Dec 27, 2007
Hey Brian,

Certainly check out the SecretSoi dot com forum- we're mostly based in Bangkok and get out on rides at least twice a month, sometimes more.

Happy Trails!

Tony
SSRLogo.jpg