2 week roadtrip

Paulbkk

Nov 27, 2022
HI

Firstly thank you for accepting me as a new member.
Looking for some advice please. I have a GS1250. I am off work for 2 weeks from December 16th and wanted to do a big road trip. BKK- Chiang Mai then do the mae hon sop loop, then down to Phuket (want to be there on December 24th) stay for a couple of days and then ride back to Bangkok. (banck in Bangkok on 30th December) Has anyon done the trip before and can suggest the best routes and give me an idea on timescales etc. Any help is much appreciated.
Thank you

Reactions: StefanO

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
A GTR guide to riding the North

Jem T

Subscribed
Nov 9, 2022
Hello all.

Great resource. Thanks for accepting me on the forum David.

My first time in Thailand. Coming over from Jan 11th - March 3rd.

Paul I'm in a similar(ish) situation to you. Travelling with my wife so am limited on daily mileages as she doesn't want to do more than 2 hours a day. I'm borrowing a bike from a mate in Phuket but want to ride the North. In the end I decided to freight it up via lorry to Chang Mai ,(2000 BAHT) to give us more riding time in the North....initial plan was going from there over to Lao and then down to Bangkok where I was planning on taking it on the train back to Phuket.

However the tour link David posted using Chang Mai as a touring base for a few weeks looks like a good compromise so my plans are evolving. Tbh with 7 weeks we can afford to be a bit fluid and play it by ear...

Good luck with your plans.

Reactions: Deano747