200-cc Kaw for sale in Chaing Mai - has plate/book

Sep 10, 2005
50,000 baht or reasonable offer (will trade for cash) for my KMX 200 Kawasaki, with Thai legal plate/book. insurance, and road tax sticker. Insurance and road tax paid through November '07. It's a solid runner, with luggage rack. Two- stroke, kick start but starts easily, usually on first kick. Everything works, suspension fine, and it's easily able to rip down the highway at 100 kph. Contact me off the board....I don't check in that much. Bike is setting in storage in Chaing Mai until December 1, 2006. Battery is new, tires OK (front new)...just needs a pilot looking for adventure. 40,000 k's on the clock. Pixs available. Request info or pixs from [email [email protected]][email protected][/email] Price of this bargin is soon going up.

Feb 20, 2006
I WAS THE PREVIOUS OWNER--A GREAT STRONG BIKE.I REPAIRED AVERYTHING I COULD FIND .GAVE ME 3000 K OF GREAT RIDING.ONLY COMPLAINT--NEEDED STICKIER SEAT TO STAY ON ,WHEN DEEP IN THE SLICK RED CLAY IN THE HILLS IN THE
RAIN.--- MARC.

marc

Sep 10, 2005
I made some changes, upgrades, but it's still a good runner, starts easily and really rips along once the rascal hits 5,000 rpm. A newly covered seat is 350 baht ($9.00 USD) in any color you want, and non-slip material. Radiator hose cracked so that is fixed. I looked at a Baja, AX-1 and TTR (all without papers, Thai license plate and no Road tax sticker) for more $. This one tipped the scales because it is 100% legal and did as well as the others on/off road. It takes about a day of running around, making copies and checking numbers on the bike to get the bike's papers in your name.
The motorcycle is now in storage. It will be available to show, test ride about November 1, 2006. In the meantime, pics still available.

Globe Rider Greg

Sep 10, 2005
Year of manufacture is a good question. Best "guess" is late 80's to mid 90's. Year made does not show in the "Green Book." Kawasaki made these for about 10 years around that era. There is no "year of manufacture" stamped on the frame or engine.

Globe Rider Greg

Feb 23, 2003
If you are serious about buying it feel to stop by at Rob's Storage Facilities for Part Time Expats to look at it. I am in Chiang Mai near the French Consulate. My telephone number is 04-1001203
Just call ahead to make sure I am here. Greg, if you do not have a picture I can snap one of the bike and post it for you.

Sep 10, 2005
This KMX 200, the only one recognized in Thailand and known as the "Cult Bike," is coming out of storage December 5, ready to rumble, err, rip through the jungles.
Fresh Road Tax sticker and Insurance paid. Green Book up-to-date.
Prepping for serious expedition jungle run to Phnom Penh in February:
New red seat cover (non-slip and wider) and foam, color to scare tigers away and non-slip to keep from sliding under blinding acceleration
New hand grips from Tesco, with wind splitting metal polished ends to cut the wind for higher speed, less wind resistance
New motor oil, to reduce friction for quicker revs
New blue plastic holder for Road Tax sticker to ease visual inspection by cops
New mounting system and upgrade for muffler, to lighten for speed and improve throttle response
New brake lever, for better leverage for faster, harder front braking
New spark plug for perfect firing
New front sprocket, down one tooth
New rear tire
New rear tube
New overflow tank for radiator
New clutch cable
New saddle bags (Emigo)
New brackets made to keep bags from hot pipe, or going into rear wheel.
New license plate holding bracket
Handlebar mounted windscreen to cut bugs, some wind
Tank bag
Tank panniers mounted on rear foot pegs for extra gas and tools
Cloaking device..... Don't ask, it's an expensive gizmo
Bike will not be for sale until March 3, upon return from Cambodia.