2001 Honda Africa Twin

Dec 7, 2008
I am selling my 2001 Africa Twin. It is in mint condition, and has had extensive modifications
to make it one of the nicest bikes of this type. It is also the last year of production
of the Africa Twin. It also has never been crashed.

Modifications include:
Custom seat
Carter electric fuel pump
New MOSFET voltage regulator
YSS shock absorber
Second Honda electric fan put on the left side radiator with manual switch for it. Never overheats !!
Custom rear cargo plate
HID headlights
Acerbis hand guards
Rugged Road choke valves to stop the sticking choke valve issue
Arm welded on center stand so easy to place on the center stand
Bosh twin tone electric horns
Wavy front brake rotors
Stainless steel brake lines
Trail tech trip meter
Custom aluminum rear chain guard
Tall Lazer windscreen
Stainless steel spokes front and back
New heavy duty fuse block, stock one is prone to failure
RAM ball mount on brake reservoir
Yamaha XT turn signal lights which have running lights as well
Digital voltmeter showing battery status
Retrofitted a factory headlight on/off switch with running light position

Bike currently has 100,000 kilometers on it, and runs like a new bike. It was using a bit of oil,
so the piston rings changed out about 7,000 kilometers ago. Turns out one of the rings
was slightly bent. Now uses no oil whatsoever at normal speeds. Bike has nearly new Scorpion
tires on it , and a almost new chain and front sprocket. Also has a new battery. Bike is currently registered,
and has a recycled Bangkok green book. No problem to transfer it, I have successfully transferred another Africa Twin with the exact same type of green book and had no problems. Green book transfer guaranteed or money back. I will accompany you to the Land Office to ensure it is done. The bike is located in Chiang Mai and can
be seen anytime. Price is 175,000 baht or best offer.

https://plus.google.com/photos/103194178103798380780/albums/6153393088471479441?authkey=CNX8oITpx_SZ4gE

Jul 15, 2012
bombdefuzer;305619 wrote: I am selling my 2001 Africa Twin. It is in mint condition, and has had extensive modifications
to make it one of the nicest bikes of this type. It is also the last year of production
of the Africa Twin. It also has never been crashed.

Modifications include:
Custom seat
Carter electric fuel pump
New MOSFET voltage regulator
YSS shock absorber
Second Honda electric fan put on the left side radiator with manual switch for it. Never overheats !!
Custom rear cargo plate
HID headlights
Acerbis hand guards
Rugged Road choke valves to stop the sticking choke valve issue
Arm welded on center stand so easy to place on the center stand
Bosh twin tone electric horns
Wavy front brake rotors
Stainless steel brake lines
Trail tech trip meter
Custom aluminum rear chain guard
Tall Lazer windscreen
Stainless steel spokes front and back
New heavy duty fuse block, stock one is prone to failure
RAM ball mount on brake reservoir
Yamaha XT turn signal lights which have running lights as well
Digital voltmeter showing battery status
Retrofitted a factory headlight on/off switch with running light position

Bike currently has 100,000 kilometers on it, and runs like a new bike. It was using a bit of oil,
so the piston rings changed out about 7,000 kilometers ago. Turns out one of the rings
was slightly bent. Now uses no oil whatsoever at normal speeds. Bike has nearly new Scorpion
tires on it , and a almost new chain and front sprocket. Also has a new battery. Bike is currently registered,
and has a recycled Bangkok green book. No problem to transfer it, I have successfully transferred another Africa Twin with the exact same type of green book and had no problems. Green book transfer guaranteed or money back. I will accompany you to the Land Office to ensure it is done. The bike is located in Chiang Mai and can
be seen anytime. Price is 175,000 baht or best offer.

https://plus.google.com/photos/103194178103798380780/albums/6153393088471479441?authkey=CNX8oITpx_SZ4gE
What exactly is a recycled Green Book?

Dec 7, 2008
Yankee99 good question and I assume you are new to Thailand motorcycling ?

Before the Thai government allowed manufacturers to sell big bikes in Thailand (250cc and up), the only way to get a large displacement big bike into Thailand was to import it in pieces. Then go through a contact at the land office and get a book from another bike that had been wrecked or otherwise destroyed. The bikes were normally restamped to match the book. So basically an old book recycled and made to match another bike. This was and is the case 99% of the time with the older bikes you see here in Thailand.
Feel free to chime in any other forum members if I am not 100% accurate on my answer.

KZ25

Nov 19, 2011
bombdefuzer;305619 wrote: Green book transfer guaranteed or money back. I will accompany you to the Land Office to ensure it is done.
That's more than fair - as is the price!