2006 Kawasaki Nimja 650 vs Thai fuel

Jan 30, 2014
Hi all,

I'm looking at buying a 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650 imported from the US so I would assume it comes with US spec engine and what not. My concern is that can this bike run the Thai fuels available to the masses, the gasohols.
I live near a petronas station that still has 95 benzine for sale but for the rest of the country well thats a question that begs to be answered.

Any how any thoughts would be great on the bike and the fuel, and if anyone has thoughts on the bike itself maybe a little bit of advice since this will be a rather large investment, for me anyway, and I want to make it a good one.

Cheers :lol:

Sep 4, 2007
As Kawasaki make the newer fuel injected Ninja's here in Thailand and they are reasonably priced and run on gasohol, they would seem to be a much better choice than paying import duty on a bike that you will probably not be able to register because it will be likely to fail the expensive emissions testing at Samut Prakan and as you say you may have problems running it on gasohol.

Jan 30, 2014
The bike has already been imported to thailand and for what it is its not badly priced so emmisions testing wont be a problem. Ill have to check the import papers and what not of course making sure they are legitimate and legal. The current owner says there is a green book and registration papers otherwise i wouldnt have even considered the bike to begin with.

Thoughts? Can the US spec bike handle the thai fuel options?

Dec 27, 2007
Sure, the 2006 EX650 will run on 10% ethanol fuel just fine since we have the same fuel back in the States.

But I agree with John, why buy an old 2006 when you can find newer EX650's for as little as 150k baht?

The 2006 is really dated and do you know that you cant get parts for it in Thailand? Unless you're getting it for a steal I'd really recommend buying a newer one sold by Kawasaki, Thailand.