2009 Kawasaki KLX 250 for sale - SOLD.

herph

Jan 2, 2009
My trip is winding down, so it's time to sell my trusty steed. Purchased in Chiang Mai Jan 13th with green book and insurance, it will have somewhere around 7,000 km on it by the time I get back to CNX in a few days. So far (knock on wood) it's never been off its feet so it still looks nearly new. Box stock and very gently broken-in by the book. Oil changes at 1,000 km, 3,000 km and 6,000 km with new filters.

125,000 Baht or $3,500.

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
How about telling us a bit about the bike? What did / didn't you like? Strenghts and weaknesses? Would a D-Tracker done the same trip as well as the KLX? Where did you go on your 7000km trip? Got any pictures?

herph

Jan 2, 2009
7,500 km through some fairly rugged stuff and damn if I didn't drop it a day from Chiang Mai!

The damage is really light, but some things have come up here that might make me extend my trip for a bit and with the offers that I've been getting, I may just store it for next year.

Feel free to PM me if you still want to be considered if I do decide to sell it.

As for the trip, KZ: Basic itinerary - Laos, Cambodia, Thailand. The Laos portion is covered here:

https://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorc ... t5070.html

I'm working on posting up a few notes on Cambodia, but it won't be anything like as detailed as the Laos part as I mostly stayed to the blacktop.

The Thai part was even less adventurous, contrary to the damage done, but I'll also try to put down a few thoughts in the next couple of days.

As for the Bike. To be honest I really don't have much to add to the stuff that's already been said. Most important is probably to keep up with what jonadda is doing re: the top-gear power restriction and to make good use of the GTRMR.

herph

Jan 2, 2009
Ok, so I now have all my issues resolved and the KLX is back up for sale. I leave the evening 1/4/09 so if you respond soon, we can deal directly, otherwise it gets a bit more complicated.

Current status of the bike - Just under 10,000 km and nearly perfect condition. As I mentioned above, I did drop it once at very low speed, but the damage is so minor I will likely have to point it out to you.