Mar 28, 2013
some mini-waterfalls......

ChetSiNamTok42.jpg

ChetSiNamTok44.jpg

ChetSiNamTok45.jpg

ChetSiNamTok46.jpg

ChetSiNamTok47.jpg

ChetSiNamTok48.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WAT KHAM CHANOT
Entrance and bridge to the island

WatKhamChanot1.jpg

WatKhamChanot2.jpg

a relict from yesterday...

WatKhamChanot3.jpg

WatKhamChanot4.jpg

WatKhamChanot5.jpg

WatKhamChanot6.jpg

Mar 28, 2013
that will become humus....

ChetSiNamTok15.jpg

ChetSiNamTok16.jpg

ChetSiNamTok17.jpg

...for new flowers

ChetSiNamTok18.jpg

another kind of flower...

ChetSiNamTok19.jpg

sandstone and different forms of erosion

ChetSiNamTok20.jpg

ChetSiNamTok21.jpg

ChetSiNamTok22.jpg

ChetSiNamTok23.jpg

ChetSiNamTok24.jpg

ChetSiNamTok25.jpg

ChetSiNamTok26.jpg

ChetSiNamTok27.jpg

ChetSiNamTok28.jpg

ChetSiNamTok29.jpg

Mar 28, 2013
Have a look now!

NAM TOK CHET SI

ChetSiNamTok1.jpg

ChetSiNamTok2.jpg

ChetSiNamTok3.jpg

ChetSiNamTok4.jpg

ChetSiNamTok5.jpg

ChetSiNamTok6.jpg

small pools where water can rest: soil development - beginning of vegetation

ChetSiNamTok7.jpg

ChetSiNamTok8.jpg

ChetSiNamTok9.jpg

ChetSiNamTok11.jpg

ChetSiNamTok10.jpg

ChetSiNamTok12.jpg

ChetSiNamTok13.jpg

ChetSiNamTok14.jpg

Mar 28, 2013
Three days I rode with the bike through Eesans northeastern edge which is a rather low populated region with beautiful landscapes and still rather natural vegetation. It's an ideal region for "eco-tourists" and a wonderful spot for a slow and cozy biking on a comfortable chopper - speed drivers will probably end in one of those holes you sometimes find and feel....

Second part brings us to Nam Tok Chet Si and Wat Kham Chanot

Chet-Si-Nam-Tok-32red.jpg

Nam Tok Chet Si - Ban Tong, about 20km south of Bung Khla (northeasternmost point of Eesan) First I have to say that this time I can't really show you the seven cascades high waterfall - I've been there after having visited Phu Toc and 34°C were already to hot to mount it. I shall come back again in the early morning... But I can show you the way to the beginning of the ascension - it's a wonderful walk of about half an hour over a mainly dark violet sandstone surface down to the river where you can take a refreshing bath, ideal with children! Where there are depressed spots or small areas, erosion material transported by small water courses can stay - the beginning of vegetation. Pioneer plants can settle, soil production starts and also keeps water - at least you find bushes and dry season surviving small trees. And as the sandstone has different layers ( colour and hardness), you also find different and beautiful forms of erosion - I love those diversified natural surfaces.... Don't forget ab big bottle of water and your handy for case of emergency, if you have sensitive skin take sun protection ! Nam Tok Chet Si 18.154212, 103.950959

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wat-Kham-Chanot-2red.jpg

Wat Kham Chanot - Amphoe Ban Dung /Province Udon Thani. For non-buddhists the wat is nothing special - but because it has its importance from a in nearby lake living big naga, the vegetation of an island in that lake had good luck not to be destroyed. That island is in accordance with the saga also a hideaway of that big snake and due to that reasons you find an extraorinary and spectacular rest of the original Isaan forest vegetation.... Don't forget to take some empty big plasticbottles with you - the thai family will be happy if you bring them holy water from the naga-well....

Wat Kham Chanot 17 44.593, 103 21.560

Dec 27, 2007
Wow, stunning pictures! A real eye opener on an undiscovered part of Issan :happy1: