4 weeks solo ride to Northern Thai Laos.

Apr 20, 2008
CraigBKK;299691 wrote: Glad to see you made it home safely. I've enjoyed your culinary journey as much as your road journey, both of which appear to have had ups and downs!

Poompui;299695 wrote: Amazing trip.....great to see your "old" bike got you home safely!
Thanks for your report......makes me want to ride more of Laos.
Glad that you enjoyed the ride report as the northern Thai and Laos is a great place to ride.

As for my "old" AT which has been riding without missing a beat.....as old is GOLD. She is serviced and prepared prior to the trip by Jeffrey who was a mechanic with former MotoGP Team Suzuki Rizla for Loris Capirossi. He gaves me thumbs up for riding the bike on this trip.

Jul 25, 2010
An epic trip Lipmeng. Thoroughly enjoyed following your travels/adventures and pleased that you are home safely. When's the next one planned?

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Wow wow. An amazing detailed report. So pleased & happy to see you basically had no incidents or trouble along the way. Kudos big time.
You certainly know how to pace yourself & have a good time.
Dare I say this was one hell of a journey of Re-discovery too.

Fantastic. Thank you big time.

Apr 20, 2008
ronwebb;299706 wrote: An epic trip Lipmeng. Thoroughly enjoyed following your travels/adventures and pleased that you are home safely. When's the next one planned?

Davidfl;299708 wrote: Wow wow. An amazing detailed report. So pleased & happy to see you basically had no incidents or trouble along the way. Kudos big time.
You certainly know how to pace yourself & have a good time.
Dare I say this was one hell of a journey of Re-discovery too.

Fantastic. Thank you big time.
Thanks Ronwebb & David

I do not have any fix plan for next long ride but it will most probably be during the cooler months visiting northern Thai and Laos with inclusion of Cambodia if time and budget permits. There is no boredom while riding up north except the few main hwys and food & accommodation is relatively cheap as compared to my home country. The main portion of budget goes to fuel unless I have a smaller capacity bike such as CRF250L which is more suitable for solo trip.

Apr 23, 2006
Enjoyed the reports & all the photos. Some varied dining for sure.
Not been to the North East on a bike since November of 2004. Keep threatening to change that.
AT remarkable for it's age.