6 Months in SE Asia

May 7, 2012
Hello everybody, i'd like to introduce ourselves.

We're Max and Theresa, a german couple that is travelling SE Asia for 6 months with motorbikes. We are 23 and 20 years old.
We bought 2 Yamaha FZ150i in Kuala Lumpur and spent the past month discovering malaysia.
We had a really great time there, met some really nice local bikers that helped us around.
You can find some a little trip report for malaysia here, including some images:
i finally found this one from Biologic.

We crossed the border into Thailand just a few days ago, staying in krabi at the moment.
Our plan is to ride thailand, then go on to cambodia and laos, then all the way back to malaysia and onwards to indonesia.

We know its rain season atm, but well, thats the way it is i guess, so we will make the most of it.

any travel advice is highly appreciated, regarding where to go to, what roads to take, .... we are looking forward to it.

Greetings, Max and Theresa

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
Once You get North of Bangkok check out Koen Khan, Loei, Dan Sai, Nan, Chiang Mai, Mae Hong Son, Pai, Chiang Rai, Mae Sai, Golden Triangle. That should keep You Busy for a while on some Beautiful Roads!!! After all that Cross over into Laos from Chiang Kong and enjoy Your Tour through there! Good Luck Guys, You will have some Fantastic Scenery and Roads coming Your way soon!!!

Nov 2, 2008
Raining season, you mean clean season or green n' lush season? You mean fresh air season with plenty of rooms available at lower rates season? You mean that season that forces you to slow down, maybe even hide under cover for less than a hour well the actual rain falls, often only a couple times a week season?

For route planning captainslash.com is a must visit, it's the best resource for finding the great side routes to take you from town to town. He really has been everywhere in Thailand. Ian's list is great but I would suggest passing through; Santikhiri, aka Doi Mae Salong, well in the Mae Sai area, Phayao too.

Dec 27, 2007
Have FUN!

If you're passing through Bangkok and have any questions or fancy hooking up for a beer do drop me a line!

Happy Trails!

Tony

May 7, 2012
haha, really well put! thanks for the welcome guys :)

We've started riding in krabi 3 days ago, first went to the east coast, then north on small roads.
we are in suan phuen at the moment, our plan is to be in chiang mai in 3 or 4 days. do you have any recommendations regarding which roads to take, what to visit?
i'm taking photos, so once we're done i'll be posting a ride report on your "ride asia" forum @ captain slash