A new small adventure rider arrives in Chiang Mai !!

Feb 23, 2003
I wish to let all my friends know that I had a daughter born to me last week. A very happy occasion for me, and one myself and all the people I know thought would never happen !! Guess I will have to will my Africa Twin to her, because by the time she is 18 and ready to ride, I will be 74, and most likely in a wheel chair...... :)

Here she is in the favorite " hands up " sleeping position.

958250534_YS4cV-M.jpg

Sep 16, 2009
Congratulations my old friend, and welcome to the club. So happy to have you in it!!

You baby girl is adorable!! Must take after the mother, huh?

Rhodie

Mar 5, 2006
Dig the boxing gloves....
they go with the cute pugnacious hiekel look.
A big congrats matey :clap: :clap: :clap:
... looking forward to the customised top-box on the AT!
:smile1:

May 25, 2006
HuaHin
Hi Robert,

Congratulations for this nice little baby...She is lovely and pretty promising for the father.

However your remarks about the future let me think that I also would be 75 when my latest son -Edward- will be 18, do you think we would only drive a wheel chair....

Hummmmmmm, life goes so fast !

Again congratulations and enjoy the pleasure of being awake few times a night !

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Congratulations Robert !! Well she already has your looks 5555. Wheelchair, no, I don't think so, she might have to fight for the AT and hide the keys so that daddy doesn't sneak out on the motorcycle...... :mrgreen: , cheers, Franz

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
Mark Rossi wrote: Awesome Rob, Wow she is the spitting image of you. congratulations and all the best.
You mean the haircut??? Or because she is asleep...

Congrats Robert... My youngest boy is only 19months... Should we start planning the wedding now, so that we make sure there is plenty of space for our wheelchairs at the front???

Daewoo

Nov 2, 2008
Awesome, congratulations Robert! Lucky guy - you'll likely be hard of hearing by the time she's a teenager, now that's a blessing.

What's her name?

Best Regards,
Kevin

Feb 23, 2003
Thanks all. Hopefully she will not look too much like me when she grow up...... :) Maybe as a preventative measure I should head over to the temple and ask Buddha to make her look like Joy.
The name is up to Joy, but I am mulling over the name of Jasmine.
She will be a good motivation to start working out at the gym. When she grows up and the teen
age guys come by to take her on a date, I want to see some fear in their eyes.... ( Man, Jasmine's
dad is old but looks pretty tough, I had better watch my step !!! )

Jul 6, 2004
Congratulations Robert, if she takes after you she will be a star in the Thai basketball team!
Moved up to CM last week, catch up with you for a drink.
Cheers
Tom

Nov 7, 2007
rhiekel wrote: I wish to let all my friends know that I had a daughter born to me last week. A very happy occasion for me, and one myself and all the people I know thought would never happen !! Guess I will have to will my Africa Twin to her, because by the time she is 18 and ready to ride, I will be 74, and most likely in a wheel chair...... :)

Here she is in the favorite " hands up " sleeping position.

958250534_YS4cV-M.jpg

Congratulations Rob , that girl is looking adorable you're a lucky guy .
all the best to all your Family and the "new joiner"
mbox

Oct 12, 2005
A hearty congratulations to you RH!!

The surprises just never end.

I think she is just practising her innocent "Honest officers, I wasn't trying to sneak into Tibet" look that RH has made so famous.

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
...a new small adventure rider arrives in Chiang Mai - - - I thought you meant the Varadero 125!!

Congrats anyways!

I remember my daughter graduating from a baby seat on the Wave to a pillion rider on a bigger bike. Soon she's gonna want her own...

HIKO

Nov 7, 2005
Good luck to you.

If you need more Africa Twins for your baby I still have three for sale....

HIKO

cdrw

Oct 6, 2006
Robert...
Congratulations on your newest little motorcycle mama to be, and enjoy changing those diapers ;-)

Is your baby just covering her ears when those loud Harley's are passing by...??

hs0zfe

Aug 31, 2009
Congratulations! About time for another fair lady to join the gang. She will have a dozen eager blokes wanting to change the oil or fix her bike when she will be 18. And it's my prediction that you will make many a suitor quaver in his boots, looking up to the fearsome father...

I saw a naked baby on a Wave on the weekend - how about you building something like a miniature Pope Mobile with bullet proof glass? just modify the top case!

In case she cries, try a few drops of Mekhong Whiskey

Best wishes always

Chris