A Tangent Of Question For You Ringers

Discussion in 'General Discussion / News / Information' started by Wake_The_Lion, Sep 21, 2016.

  1. Alright, I will try to make this as short and sweet as possible. I'm coming to travel Indochina in 2 days. Ive been to Thailand a few times, love it there. I'm a rider back home and in my eyes, travel by bike is the ultimate adventure there. I'm looking to buy a bike for the short period of time I will be in the area... 3-6 months. As far as I can tell, a rental will just add up costing the same as buying. I am not getting a extended Visa for Thailand, only the 30 day visa upon entry. So I'm thinking of doing a floating transfer when I buy the bike. Have the owner sign everything and give me all needed documents.

    I'm wanting to travel to Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Burma. With the greenbook still in original owners name, but all proper documents showing he has sold to me and given permission to use, will I have any problems entering these countries?

    Also if any of the above sounds bonkers and you have a better idea on how to approach this, please let me know.

    Finally, I'm going to be starting out in the Chiang Mai area. How do I go about meeting up with some of you guys to go on some rides and pick your brain about international travel on bike??
  2. That is a very broad question/s

    Have a look on the forum there are numerous threads about crossing with someone else's green book.
    Listed documents and you are at the mercy of the official on the day . If he / she feels the paper work is acceptable.

    You can check the status for bike entry under each country forum.

    Vietnam / Burma forget it with out a pre arranged tour.


Share This Page