Accomodation Chiangrai

GTNZ

Mar 14, 2006
I'm looking for a good place to stay when I go to Chiangrai. Everytime I stay there I seem to pick a lemon. I don't need top end joints like the Dusit or the Legend. If anyone has any hidden gems please tell. Must have parking for bikes of course.

Many thanks
GT

rene-s

Aug 3, 2005
Gt: a good option is : Diamond park inn, just when heading to the center on the left side.( busstation and night market 5 min walk.)
Great parking for the bikes, and very good clean rooms about 500-600 baht a day.(Hotel is 1 half year old)
Another option is Wiang inn hotel, just heading to the center on the right side, 1 min walk from the busstation and nightmarket.
This is my personel nr 1 choice, thought little more expensive: about 1500 baht a day incl brfast.
Wang come is also a good option and its on the left side, just when passing the pizza hut, you see a sign: wangcome hotel, go left and there you are.Parking for bikes no problem, roomrate 1450 incl brfast.
Have a pleasant stay!
Rgds, Rene.

GTNZ

Mar 14, 2006
Thanks all.

I've stayed at the Diamond Park Inn once before. Seemed like a reasonable place. However late one night a group of 10 or so 4x4 jeeps arrived full of noisy farang. They were so noisy, and the staff there made no attempt to ask them to be quite. I hate noisy farang who arrive in Thailand and have no respect for anyone else. All they think about is themselves. I could say where they were from but that might get me in trouble. They were not from the USA, you can guess.

GT

GTNZ

Mar 14, 2006
Ha, your on to it David.

Thanks for the hotel tip, will check it out this weekend.

Sorry I didn't post a trip report for Nan last month. We got torrential rain so headed back to Chiangrai and stayed the night. Luckily we didn't attempt to head over to Nan. Route 1089 north of Fang is a good ride, my bike loves those mountain roads.

Cheers GT

quote:

Originally posted by Davidfl

Try the Nim See Seng hotel for the GT Rider's favourite hidden gem in Chiang Rai, with no Israeli jeep tours.

Davidfl
Keep The Power On

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
quote:

Originally posted by GTNZ

Ha, your on to it David.

Thanks for the hotel tip, will check it out this weekend.

Sorry I didn't post a trip report for Nan last month. We got torrential rain so headed back to Chiangrai and stayed the night. Luckily we didn't attempt to head over to Nan. Route 1089 north of Fang is a good ride, my bike loves those mountain roads.

Cheers GT

quote:

Originally posted by Davidfl

Try the Nim See Seng hotel for the GT Rider's favourite hidden gem in Chiang Rai, with no Israeli jeep tours.

Davidfl
Keep The Power On

GTNZ
Yeah onto that like a rat up a drain pipe.
Hope you have good time in Chiang Rai this time - enjoy the roads & night life. (Check out the Chay Nam by the river for food & drink.) After this trip I guess you won't have an excuses for no road 'n trip report. For those who never quite feel the urge to contribute - anything is usually better than nothing.

Davidfl
Keep The Power On

Oct 16, 2005
I'll second David's reccomendation for the Nim See Seng (450 bt) and also suggest the Jitaree ... a super friendly family run guesthouse (150 bt).