Advice Needed: Kasi-muang Nan- Muang Ngeun

ZCM

Subscribed
Jun 23, 2011
cm
Hi..
Has anyone taken the Kasi-muang Nan- muang Ngeun route recently ?
How was it?
Also..do you know if I will have any issues coming out at Muang Ngeun given that I have it written on my bike documents that I will be coming out at Vientiane?
Just weighing up options.
Thanks a lot!

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Entering & departing from Xayaboury province has been tricky if not problematic for awhile now with several policy changes. If my Laos port of departure was designated as Vientiane in my Laos import documents I'd be very reluctant to try to exit from Muang Ngeun, unless I had a lot of time to spare should I be refused an exit and then had to go all the way back to Vientiane .

Chantony

Subscribed
Oct 21, 2016
Chanthaburi
We exited Laos at Muang Nguen 2 weeks ago in our Thai registered truck, on entering Laos at Savannakhet the Mrs had told customs we hadn't yet decided which border we would exit as were touring, we thought it had been left blank however at Muang Nguen they showed us on the Laos customs form where a code had been entered to say we would exit at Huay Xai, they then showed us a list of exit points and the relevant codes to prove this was legitimate I guess. Initially we were refused exit however after paying the admin fee of 800 baht the paperwork was amended and we were allowed to exit.
As a side note, interesting that google maps indicated a hefty 8.5 hour journey from Luang Prabang to Muang Nguen however in fact the excellent bridge at Tha Deua means the journey time is more like 5 hours.

Reactions: ZCM