Discussion in 'General Discussion / News / Information' started by Muzz, Apr 29, 2007.

  1. Muzz

    Muzz Ol'Timer

    Anybody know if or how I can get a a Carnet for a Thai reg.Bike for travel into India and Pakistan????

    Many thanks
  2. Loading...

  3. Rhodie

    Rhodie Ol'Timer

    If you have any luck obtaining one - do post as there are a number of guys who want to to do the Grand Truck Road. Culcutta to Kabul.
  4. SilverhawkUSA

    SilverhawkUSA Ol'Timer

    Muzz- Have asked the same question a number of times and never received a knowledgable response. Great if someone knows how.
  5. DavidFL

    DavidFL Administrator Staff Member

    Dont like your chances as Thailand is not a signatory to the International Carnet Agreement as far as I know, so they could not issue one.
    However there must be some sort of "Carnet" they issue for their international car rally drivers / drivers going overland. But what it is I dont know.
    There is a Royal Automobile association of Thailand website,
    that appears looks after motorsports in Thailand.
    And from here there is a link to the Alliance International Tourism
    You might want to check these right out & see what you can find out for us.
  6. Muzz

    Muzz Ol'Timer

    Thanks for the info David, I'll try the RAAT out this week as I just found out they are on the list.

  7. Muzz

    Muzz Ol'Timer

    The only other option which I can think of David is if I ship my bike back to the UK ( this is a far fetched option by the way), register it in the UK whilst keeping the Thai registration, so in effect, the bike is dual nationality, as it is fairly easy for me to get a Carnet from the RAC in GB, and simply put the Thail plates back on when it comes back here! Will try the Thai option first though....

    PICO-PICO Ol'Timer

    bike with dual nationality........

    That remainds me of the couple that participated in our Horizons Unlimited event in CM. They kept a bike in Greece, Brazil and somewhere in this area each, and flew to their bikes to tour the world from these 3 locations , might be an option.

Share This Page