Alpinestars Bionic Tech Jacket

Mar 30, 2010
Picked up this beauty from Paddock on Saturday.

6506514_black-red_1_1_1.jpg

Designed for the extremes of motocross and enduro, Alpinestars’ Bionic Tech Jacket is an ultra-lightweight and versatile protection garment with CE certified protectors intelligently incorporated into its durable construction. Every component is engineered to provide improved levels of ventilation and ergonomics, and can be integrated with Alpinestars Bionic Neck Support.

Construction

* Technical, elastane stretch mesh main construction is highly breathable and retains shape.

* Strategically positioned Cordura panels for durability and abrasion resistance.

* All components engineered for a reduced material construction garment that is extremely lightweight, slim and highly ventilated.

* Highly versatile, modular and customizable fit for different forms of off-road riding is afforded by:

Lace sleeve closures

Removable sleeves

Full compatibility with BNS protection

Protective Capabilities

* Innovative, CE certified chest protector backed by technical, EVA shock absorbing material which molds to rider’s body shape.

* Premium, CE certified shoulder and elbow/forearm protectors systems feature:

Thermoformed 3D poly padding for comfort and shock absorption

Dual protector cup for excellent flexibility and range of movement

Protector cups are asymmetric to offer extended protection surfaces, which are contoured to ensure a close fit to keep the protection located and reduce rotation.

* Detachable back protector can be removed to further enhance ventilation capabilities or adapted to accommodate BNS.

* Protector panels are constructed from a robust K-RESIN® polymer performance blend for optimized flexibility and excellent weight saving properties. Shells are vented and channeled to improve airflow and prevent heat build-up.

Customization

* Innovative Cross Lacing System (CLS) for securing sleeves features elastic cord and breathable microfibers to give lightweight and highly customizable fit. CLS significantly reduces risk of arm pump.

* Convenient pull tab loops on shoulders for secure fitment of Alpinestars BNS.

* Elastic kidney with TPR belt system for customized, secure fit.

* Comfort padding on shoulders, chest and kidney area.

* Premium, auto-locking YKK zips for main frontal closure and on detachable sleeves and ensures security.

My current body armour is OK, but getting a bit tired and stretched as well as a pain to put on and pull off.

Need to wear this in anger.. But immediately felt more comfortable, snug fit and easy to put on and take off..
Made in Thailand.

Also had a discount on the listed price :)

http://www.paddock.co.th/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=1102&virtuemart_category_id=162&Itemid=639

I am six foot tall.. Not fat.. Large is a good fit for me.. If you are around my hight and a fatty.. XL will do the trick.

Cheers
Brian

Apr 27, 2010
Sure looks like a nice piece of kit!
Is the back protector removable? What was the discount?

Mar 30, 2010
DaRider;297995 wrote: Sure looks like a nice piece of kit!
Is the back protector removable? What was the discount?
There is a zipper around the back protector.. Just had a closer look.
Very impressed with this.. Strong and sturdy and flex with your body.. Not like the cheaper armour that is stiff and no real movement.

Cheers
Brian

Mar 30, 2010
DaRider;298041 wrote: Thanks for the reply.

What was the discount, if i may ask?

/
I bought some other bits and bobs.. just over 10k baht.. they gave me 500 baht off.
They usually give discounts.. I have bought so much stuff from Paddock over the years, don't need to ask any more.
Discount is automatic :)

Cheers
Brian

Apr 27, 2010
Many thanks,

Might just have to head up to Bangkok for a look see... (would translate into Buying one...)

Dec 27, 2007
Good stuff Brian!

May I ask the Paddock price?

My compression armor is getting old and worn out and is due for replacement.

Average price for the Alpinestars Bionic Tech armor in the US is around $230.

If price is similar at Paddock I'll just buy it there, otherwise I was planning to pick one up in the US this summer.

Cheers!

Tony

ps. nice review here:

Mar 30, 2010
Mr Tony... 8,800 I think.. so I guess you will get a few hundred off in discount..

Would seem a shame to go all the way to the USA and buy this made in Thailand armour and bring it back LOL

Not much diff in the price.

Cheers
Brian

Dec 27, 2007
^ most of us wear our armor under a jersey so the color of the armor isn't terribly important...

Mar 30, 2010
TonyBKK;298192 wrote: ^ most of us wear our armor under a jersey so the color of the armor isn't terribly important...
A little variation to most... I find the off road jersey a little stifling. Great when cooler.
So tend to wear Nike climacool shirt underneath - no jersey. This particular shirt cools you down with your sweat when moving.
- Not like cotton and other shirts that cling to you.

Most of the body armour I have seen.. It is all black..

Cheers
Brian

Mar 30, 2010
Just packing my gear for tomorrows rumble in the pattaya jungle.

Noticed how flat and compact this Body armour is compared to the others I have had.
Takes a lot less space.

Usually strap the armour on to my dry bag at checking.. The could fit in the bag or carry on bag if you are not overloaded to start with.

Cheers
Brian

Dec 27, 2007
^ This style of compression armor is meant to absorb impact; not at all designed for a slide down pavement. Not recommended for street use.

Mar 30, 2010
Tried this out last Sunday at Khao Mai Keow Pattaya. (KMK)

Really happy.. not too heavy, fits nicely to your body..

For me a winner..

Cheers
Brian