Anyone Riding Down to the Malaysian MotoGP 2008?

Joko

Dec 10, 2006
No prob... It is really easy to go to the Sepang track...You merely follow the hiway sign to go to LCCT (low cost carrier terminal - Air Asia's).

If you stay in KL, you only need to head south (like to Seremban/Melacca/Singapore) and the hiway sign leads you there.

Those who choose to stay in Petaling jaya (west of KL) and only <50km away from the track, it is equally easy to drive/ride to the track.

ta.

Joko

Dec 10, 2006

Joko

Dec 10, 2006
This one is great! Very very easy to go to Sepang if u ride/drive. Its just off the main Hiway to Sepang!
Summit Hotel. Rates from RM130-160 ++ But still under rm200/Baht2000/nite

http://www.summithotelusj.com/ppc/offer ... bgodsi78EQ

..looking..lookin...lookin!!!!!!!!!!

p/s This hotel as well as all those in Subang Jaya are within 5 km from my house...and drinking joints!!!!!! :lol:

OR another one
http://www.summithotelusj.com/ppc/offer ... bgodsi78EQ

5minutes ride to Hard Rock Cafe, if u r into that...

Sep 24, 2008
Hi Rustic Charm, I should be on 17th in Penang coming from Bangkok and I will leave as well from KL on 20th maybe we might do some kilos together.....

Jul 17, 2007
befree_ride wrote: Hi Rustic Charm, I should be on 17th in Penang coming from Bangkok and I will leave as well from KL on 20th maybe we might do some kilos together.....
Yep sure.
Keep in touch via either PM or email and we'll work things out.

Jul 28, 2004
Can highly recommend this place in Port Dickson - a very pleasant 25 minute ride from Sepang. Always stayed there for motogp weekend. They have very nice suites comprising living room, kitchen, balcony overlooking the beach and separate bedroom for 150 rms per night (max 2 persons). Includes use of all facilities of neighbouring luxury hotel. Great value!!

http://www.portdickson.net/apartments/paradiselagoon

wimpy

Jan 31, 2005
Last year we caught a shuttle bus from KL Sentral to the circuit. There were both Air Asia buses and another company making the trip. Actually more convenient and cheaper than taking the train down.

Getting back to KL is another matter! Always quite a scene.

Joko

Dec 10, 2006
wimpy wrote: Last year we caught a shuttle bus from KL Sentral to the circuit. There were both Air Asia buses and another company making the trip. Actually more convenient and cheaper than taking the train down.

Getting back to KL is another matter! Always quite a scene.
Yes. I fullly agree. Those going to the track from KL will not have problem taking the AAsia shuttles (many buses per hour!) from Sentral Terminal or KLIAirport. You only have to get down on the main road just outside the track itself.

Its the after event transport that is and had been a main bitch. There is no taxi cruising/operating from the track to KL/PJ...the quirkiness of the local laws forbid them from doing so (picking passengers outside of KL/PJ).

Hire a self drive car if only to save time and lower stress level after the race :)

Call me for a beer/chat/assistance etc...

Joko
+60162286699

Jul 17, 2007
Update: I'm currently overnighting in Hat Yai and should get to Penang tomorrow (16th).
Anyone in Penang at this time?

Joko

Dec 10, 2006
sunday morning at 9am, there is a gethering of harleys & ducatis at Naza showroom along the federal hiway.

There will be free breakfast and MotoGP ticket to all harley&ducati riders...
U might wanna be there to join the convoy (supposedly 400bikes) to sepang...

call me if u need direction..

joko
+6016228 6699