Baan Bar - A great cafe / Restaurant owned by a Ducatisti

niko13

Jul 3, 2011
Hi Mike, Baan Bar is not on the beach, but on HW 4, appx 15km's south of Hua Hin. The opening time of 6pm looks to be right, as I drove by today earlier than 6 and ot looked to be closed. Drive safe and enjoy the ride down south. Nikolas

niko13

Jul 3, 2011
Hi Vic, Only 2 Hotels in the area, both within your budget... The first one I sent you previously and this one is actually looking much better and its a little further recessed from the Road... This one 1.2km;s from Baan bar direction Hua Hin, on the right hand side.. Sorry could not get the coordinates as I was riding a bicycle...

Aug 3, 2012
niko13;281478 wrote: Hi Vic, Only 2 Hotels in the area, both within your budget... The first one I sent you previously and this one is actually looking much better and its a little further recessed from the Road... This one 1.2km;s from Baan bar direction Hua Hin, on the right hand side.. Sorry could not get the coordinates as I was riding a bicycle...
Thanks Nikolas,
Co-ordiates never mind. I am an old geezer that lives in the dark ages and have yet to procure a GPS - although I may be forced to as so many GTR seem to use them and their recommendations often carry GPS data.
Thanks too for your time and effort sorting a Hotel for me. I will let you know how I get on at a later date.
Regards
Vic (AKA Ah Boon)

George HuaHin

Subscribed
Jul 25, 2011
Hua Hin
Hi Vic,
due to slow connection Niko didn't suceed to upload his pics, so I am posting them on his behalf:

281514=11814-IMG_4824.jpg

281514=11815-IMG_4825.jpg

281514=11816-IMG_4827.jpg

281514=11817-IMG_4829.jpg

niko13

Jul 3, 2011
Vic,
George will send the pictures, in the mean time, if you are looking for a LOW cost GPS solution, I actually got the Nuvi 40 (150 USD) with a GPS holder and it works a treat. I have not been able to connect the cable to my batter, but the Nuvi lasts for 2 hours when charged and I just switch it on when ON need it. On a MOnster access to the battery needs removal of the fuel tank and my facilities here are very limited.. I bought a mains charger and if beed be I get it charged at coffee stops... It can be a very low cost and effective solution and similar to you, many of us, prefer the good old fashioned maps.. the GPS is an accessorie for the detail and frankly it does help.

Take good care and ride safe.
Nikolas