Bang Saen speed week Nov 7-9

Oct 17, 2006
Bang Saen near Chonburi usually best on Friday and Saturday ,last year loads of interesting bikes.

Dec 27, 2007
Thanks for the info Rustic!

Both the GrandPrix and the Bike Week look like fun.

Ride on!
Bangsaen2008.jpg

Sep 24, 2008
The bike week was good last year even though it rained. i was lucky i didnt even know it was on but went to baensen to meet a friend and bugger me lots of bikes ohhhh heaven bikes and a hot bird (the friend)
fun,fun,fun

this year i'm thinking of doing the HUA HIN and Baensen bike weeks both on same weekend. :lol:

Jul 17, 2007
thaicbr1 wrote: Tthis year i'm thinking of doing the HUA HIN and Baensen bike weeks both on same weekend. :lol:
Hasn't the Hua Hin Bike week(end) been pushed back to 6th Dec?

Dec 27, 2007
Hi All,

Just to clarify, the Bangsaen Speed Festival is this weekend- November 7-9th.

The Bangsaen Bike Week is the last week of November- 28th and 29th.

Here's the poster:

BangseanBikeWeekPoster.jpg

Anyone going to the Speed Festival this weekend? I'm going to head down from Bangkok on Saturday morning and if it's a good time and I'm not too hung over I'm hoping to hit it again on Sunday. (Might just get a hotel to save on the 'commute') :wink:

Happy Trails! Hope to see you there! 8)

dotcom

Nov 14, 2006
Reports from there heavy heavy rain which hit Bangkok too later on in the afternoon.

I wonder if the racing got rained out?

Jul 18, 2007
dotcom wrote: Reports from there heavy heavy rain which hit Bangkok too later on in the afternoon.

To some extent, yes.

I got there around noon - the bikes had apparently already run, and I got to see several sessions of cars. They had a bunch of cars lined up for an afternoon race when the rain came, so that was scrapped and they had a good pickup race on the wet.

The circuit and arrangements are really great. I had never before been to Bang Saen, it is very nice, very Thai without all the Pattaya ambience. Even though the racing was dampened, so to speak, it was a good time - recommended.

Of course the 2.5 hours in the rain riding back to my house on the west side of Bangkok was a reminder of how frustrating it is to not be able to use the bridges and expressways. Bangkok was flooded and raining when I got onto Sukhumvit coming in from Rte 3 in Samut Prakhan. Literally took an hour and a half start/stop (mostly stop) to get across town.

Anyone have a recommendation for a better way to get from the southeast side of Bangkok to the west? In the morning I had tried to skirt Bangkok by going out from Wong Wian Yai, but that turns out not to be possible because bikes cannot use the Kanchanaphisek Bridge, which seems to be the only one across to Samut Prakhan. I wound up taking a little ferry from Phra Pradaeng to the east bank of the river, from where I eventually was able to join up with Rte 3.

There MUST be a better way, other than doing the exit/arrival scene at 4 in the morning...

Dec 27, 2007
Good Fun!

The superbike qualifying race was excellent and unfortunately I wasn't in place to catch an excellent crash, but I did get this one-

Anyone know if you an embed video into the GT Rider forum? Tried to with the code tags, but mai dai :wink:

Watching the commonrail pickups and super cars on the wet course was a lot of fun too.

I wanted to make it back for the Superbike finals this morning but I just couldn't get up :roll:

Oct 17, 2006
NDSinBKK wrote: [quote quote=dotcom]Reports from there heavy heavy rain which hit Bangkok too later on in the afternoon.

To some extent, yes.

I got there around noon - the bikes had apparently already run, and I got to see several sessions of cars. They had a bunch of cars lined up for an afternoon race when the rain came, so that was scrapped and they had a good pickup race on the wet.

The circuit and arrangements are really great. I had never before been to Bang Saen, it is very nice, very Thai without all the Pattaya ambience. Even though the racing was dampened, so to speak, it was a good time - recommended.

Of course the 2.5 hours in the rain riding back to my house on the west side of Bangkok was a reminder of how frustrating it is to not be able to use the bridges and expressways. Bangkok was flooded and raining when I got onto Sukhumvit coming in from Rte 3 in Samut Prakhan. Literally took an hour and a half start/stop (mostly stop) to get across town.

Anyone have a recommendation for a better way to get from the southeast side of Bangkok to the west? In the morning I had tried to skirt Bangkok by going out from Wong Wian Yai, but that turns out not to be possible because bikes cannot use the Kanchanaphisek Bridge, which seems to be the only one across to Samut Prakhan. I wound up taking a little ferry from Phra Pradaeng to the east bank of the river, from where I eventually was able to join up with Rte 3.

There MUST be a better way, other than doing the exit/arrival scene at 4 in the morning...

Sad to say but the Prapadeng ferry is still the best option from south of BKK

Dec 27, 2007
Superbike Qualifying race:

1108MtrcyclRaceSm.jpg

Some video-
GSXR with its face smashed in-
1108MtrcyclCrsh3Sm.jpg

A great way to escape Bangkok is to take Rama 9 to Ramkamhaeng all the way to the end, then hang a right on the 304 to Chachoengsao, 315 to Panat Nikom, etc like this:

BangsaenRamkamhaeng.jpg

110km as plotted. While it's not the shortest route, it's quite a nice ride with good roads, pleasant scenery and light traffic most of the way. Coming down in the morning I cruised most of the way at an easy 110-120km/hr and made it to Bangsaen in about 1 hour 30 minutes with gas stop and coffee break.
Going back in the dark after a few too many beers I kept it under 100km/hr and still made it home in just over 2 hours. My preferred way over the river is either the Saphan Taksin Bridge or the Pin Klao Bridge. I've never tried the ferry crossing I keep hearing about, though that sounds interesting. :wink:

Happy Trails!