Bangkok-Lampang

mussen

Nov 14, 2005
Just curious if the route from BKK-Lampang is worth doing as a straight 6-7 hour run on a 250cc, or is the route scenic and worth stopping in one of the towns along the way? Cheers

mussen

Nov 14, 2005
Fantastic, thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a try. You wouldn't have the GPS co-ordinates for the guest house by any chance? Cheers

Feb 12, 2007
I like to stay in Nakhon Sawan at the P.A.Mansion 056 220961-4.If your comeing from the south go across the river to the Big C mall intersection make a right go just past the texico gas station on left.Turn left down alley,bikes only.They have a new and old hotel.I stay at the old one.220 baht great room for the money,english tv,great bike parking,2 min.to 7-11,20 baht washing machine in the lobby and your 5 min.to the Big C beer garden.What else do you need?LOL,Al

Dec 5, 2006
anyone travelling from BKK to Chang mai around the 16th july.iam arrving on the 15th.and thinking of hiring a bike and riding up..bit of company would be good..also i dont know the way..could end up anywhere..even worse back in bkk.....(only a biker nows why a dog sticks his head out the car window..)..regards KEV

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
quote:

Originally posted by ivan the terrable

anyone travelling from BKK to Chang mai around the 16th july.iam arrving on the 15th.and thinking of hiring a bike and riding up..bit of company would be good..also i dont know the way..could end up anywhere..even worse back in bkk.....(only a biker nows why a dog sticks his head out the car window..)..regards KEV

Kev
Fly straight into Cnx, dont bother thinking about renting a bike in Bkk & riding up.

Jul 28, 2004
I second Davidfl on the above. Time spent riding up there means less time to enjoy riding the fabulous GT roads themselves. Flying is the way to go!

Dec 5, 2006
All underway..have a friend picking me up from BKK airport.will stay one night and catching the afternoon flight to Cnx.can someone recomend a good guest house..heard Jonadas is ok.also where is the local meeting place,,might be a tad thirsty when i get there. Regards Kev.. (bikes and babes are best naked)