Beemer Stiptease (Nooo, not what you think)

feejer

Feb 16, 2007
Marco wrote: [quote quote=feejer]How did you end up in the bush? Some crazy truck driver come at you wide in the corner? At least your exhaust/catalyst didnt set the grass and bike on fire. Seen that happen before and it happens fast too. Scary!
Feejer

here is the "full Story"
https://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/nan---isaan-tour-23-30-jan-2009-t5163.html

Nice write up Marco. Somehow I missed that one when you posted it. Anyway, brings back memories. I stayed at City Lodge back in '05 and had several fun nights at the Irish Clock. Top quality pub. Nice rooms upstairs too. I will stay there next time I roll through Udon.

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Feejer

That was amazing tour and lot's of funday and night's.

you are so correct abt Irish clock,and fantastic food as well.
I love to stay in top mansion as they have covered parking under the 1st floor and bike is safe there and kep under the watching(Sleeping) eyes from reception.

Btw, i got my parking sensonr to LT yesterday,,,LOL so now i can parking with out lookng and twisting my neck :wink:

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Feejer

here is confirmation that my Slave cylinder is caput(finito) as there should not be any oik inside here.
IMG_1440.jpg

IMG_1439.jpg

IMG_1437.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1440.jpg
    IMG_1440.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1439.jpg
    IMG_1439.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1437.jpg
    IMG_1437.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 89

feejer

Feb 16, 2007
Marco wrote: Feejer

here is confirmation that my Slave cylinder is caput(finito) as there should not be any oik inside here.
IMG_1440.jpg

IMG_1439.jpg

IMG_1437.jpg

Oh yes. That is trouble. Luckily mine did not go bad before I got the weep hole drilled. Did your plates get contaminated with hydraulic fluid? No matter anyway, as you are going the whole way with the clutch replacement.

Might be too late if you already assembled, but one thing I remembered is that a good idea to put some ultra-low friction/high temp/waterproof Krytox grease (if you can find it) in the divot for the actuator rod. If not, then the Honda Moly60 grease is darn good too. Lowers the chance that the rod digs in and spins the piston on the seal. Just a theory, but I think that's why these slave units fail prematurely.

After my rear drive failed, the service manager told me to run nothing but the Redline Shockproof "Heavy" in that thing.

http://www.redlineoil.com/whitePaper/11.pdf

The stuff is like liquid grease, but it cooled that drive down massively. Before I couldnt even put my finger on the drive after a long highway run. After the shockproof went in, I could put my hand on it no problem. I have run it in my FJR since new and the drive has always run cool. Try it out if you can find there, guaranteed to extend the life of your drive and perhaps avoid bearing failure.

Attachments

• IMG_1439.jpg
    IMG_1439.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1440.jpg
    IMG_1440.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1437.jpg
    IMG_1437.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 79