biggest V-Twin ever with 6728cc

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
And I was saying a 2000cc chopper doesn't make any sense...
Check out this highly interesting website featuring a 6728cc V-Twin motorcycle, the "Gunbus" - a monster of a bike!
There are also articles on the craziest things on two wheels I've ever seen, like a four-in-line 125cc Monkey, an Enfield V-Twin, a D1200GS BMW with a single-arm front suspension, and practically anything from a steam engine powered bike with Model A wheels and tires to an electric bike with a top speed of 150mph. Here goes:
http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2008/ ... completed/

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
That is one crazy bike,, if you can call it bike any more,, i find one funny note in there,,, there was mentioned that is It is a little heavy at 1433 pounds so high speed corner carving might be an issue

what makes some one think that is 'Little' heavy....555555

good one KZ, fantastic reading

Oct 17, 2006
A friend in UK Chris Knibbs made a 6500cc V twin a few years ago using 2 cyliders from a Bristol Centaurus 18 cylinder radial aircraft engine he built stretched and widened Crank cases based on HD and Vincent parts and a Harley Gearbox. The bike runs he built his own frame . The Bike is now somewhere in NZ where he emigrated to.

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
There are so many fascinating stories on that website - did you read the one about the Ducati "V1"? To me that's absolutely fascinating. The guy turned the rear cylinder of a 90* Ducati V-Twin into a compressor to supercharge the front cylinder. The bike runs perfectly and has even more power than the non-charged twin! If it would be possible to build a lightweight supercharger into a motorcycle engine, we'd see 500cc twin engines with 100+ hp!

!