Biking around North Thailand

Jan 12, 2003
Biking around North Thailand
« on: Jan 20th, 2003, 5:22am » Quote Modify Remove

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DO IT.....that was totally amazing.Thanks to Davids book and his knowledge my trip on Leks 250 Baja was a cracker....no probs just a sore ass!
I started with a couple of tasters...the Samoeng Loop and Doi Inthanon Loop both easily done in a day and a good way to see if bike and rider were up to the task ahead....no probs.Both these loops spurred me on to get a real taste of what was to come....YEEHAH!!

Some of these roads are definately better done on a big bike....but follow "the book" and you can twist and smile all day. The road up to Pai 1095 a case in point....i just hammered it up there and i was smiling the whole way....i imagine a real pain on a big cruiser....
then after it was on to Tha Ton...the back way from Fang...1178 ....then turn right at the police check.ello ello....and up up and away to Doi Ang Khong....spectacular views and pure joy....i am really off now...get to the top...visit the nature resort...turn round and come back down the 1249 to go to Fang and on to Tha Ton....easily missed.. go over the bridge too far and its gone so just after the bridge swing a left and stay the night in one of the g.houses...clean and quiet.

WAkey wakey...off up to Mae Sa Long...fantastic morning ride....views...views and more follow 1089...then left 1234...pretty mountain top village...and you could easily stay here in stead of Tha Ton....drink...sh.t loads of tea and coffee and off you go again...for some serious....mmm where am i ...who cares...the back way to Mae Sai...border into Burma...this one is a cracker and i did get kinda of confused but just ask and your always close...actually not lost just unsure....people always there to help and dont head back to Mae s long ...get up there toDoi Tung....coz coming down is fun...wave to thai army ...hang out in their rifle point view at the burmese man on the other side...come down the back of it ...wicked....and play soldiers with the Thai army...i was offered a pretty lady...not....4 a go on my bike...no way...let me in your humvee ...get on the radio declarre war and hand over your rifle...keep the girl...oh OK....now all smile for the camera....top pics...
Mai Sai....zzzz unless you wanna cross and visa thang....off to Chiang Khong via the golden triangle...where i have my first and only run in with......to be continued tomorrow ...im crap at typing and i have the attention span of a knat....besides i just seen a pretty girl...so u gotta wait....but ijust gets better....

rolyrols

Jan 12, 2003
Re: Biking around North Thailand
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21st, 2003, 12:05pm » Quote Modify Remove

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rols
Don't keep us in suspense mate. Lets have the rest of the story, including a report on the gal in the internet cafe.

Davidfl