Border Crossing Laos To Vietnam Phou Keua (attapeu. L) / Bo Y (ngoc Hoi. V)

Jun 5, 2017
Malaysia
Sounds easy, the border crossing. But what happened if your bike got a Thai-registration? From Thailand into Laos is not problem, from Laos to Cambodia is not problem, from Thailand into Cambodia is no problem as well but into Vietnam? Any information?

Dodraugen

Subscribed
Aug 19, 2012
Lampang
Yes - would be interesting to know if anyone have crossed into Vietnam from Laos on a thai plated bike lately? Anyone???

Zay

a friend did the same and he paid some us$ 5, not sure what for.
however, has anyone crossed the border into vietnam from Lao Bao?

Dansavanh – Lao Bao: This was the first land border between Laos and Vietnam to open for foreign travellers, it was for a long time the most popular Border Crossing between Vietnam and Laos, but many now opt for the more northern crossing near Lak Xao instead. This crossing is convenient for Hue in Vietnam and Savannakhet in Laos. Lao visas are available and through buses from Savannakhet to Hue run daily.
source: Overland & International Border Crossing to Vietnam 2016

ange salvetti

Apr 28, 2017
nice, france
Hi everyone.
I m planning a trip in laos (rental bike)., i wanted to start in thailande, going into laos...but going into vietnam with a thai bike seems to be difficult ( need to be part of a tour operator)
so i m looking of starting the trip in vietnam, going into laos.
I fund rental bike compagny, providing blue card to cross into laos, but according to the rental compagny (tigit motorike) the only place to cross is Na Meo border
From tigit" We provide blue card, from what I know the only border to Laos that works is Na Meo border.

So my question is, could i cross from any border (in from bo y- Attapeu, and out from Lak sao-Nam phao)?

Thorsten S, was your bike rented or your onw bike?
Anyone has been in and out with viet rental bike into laos from any crossing border?

Thanks for your infos

Ange