Bullet to Bangkok!

Dec 5, 2008
Hi Guys...new to the forum and looking for some information. I'm planning to buy a royal enfield bullet 500 in Chennai and drive her up through India across burma and into Thailand where I plan to keep her and do some more riding in country.

Does anyone know if its possible to ride/import a bike through Burma. Then re register it in Thailand. Has anyone ever done this before with a bike? Are there Tax's/Bribes to be paid at the border. Is it hard to register a bike in Thailand?

Any information would be greatly received.

Ant

Muzz

Mar 27, 2007
Ant, as far as I know Burma is still 100% closed. I don't think there is anyway other than flying or shipping it in from India, then importing into Thailand can be a very expensive and tiring task, not to say it is not possible though..... Good luck

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Lads

I dont know if burma is 100% closed, as we met 2 riders from europe who "claims" that some of they friend cross Burma by bike...

So i think we need to study this a little bit more...

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Sorry no can do anymore; but try this one

https://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorc ... -t512.html

for Simon & Suzi's report on a couple who actually did it 4 years ago.

An amazing adventure with almost no recognition, plus Simon & Suzi was a wonderful couple whom the GT Riders had a great time with while they were in Chiang Mai & North Thailand.

I understand that after all these years Simon is about to deliver a lecture / presentation to the Royal Geographic Society in the UK about their epic adventure.

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
Again and again it amazes me what kind of highly interesting and informative posts surface at gt-rider even after years!