Buy Laos GPS maps in Vientiane?

Mar 5, 2015
Hi. I'm new to the forum. I'm currently in Vientiane, Laos in the middle of a 50 day tour around Southeast Asia, and I'm looking to buy an SD card of the LaosGPS maps. I've had a hard time tracking any down in town. The locations listed on their site either no longer exist or don't have SD cards available, and the owner is currently out on the Ho Chi Minh Trail and unable to help me. I'm wondering if anyone here with experience knows another location I might be able to get a copy, or if there's someone who lives in town who might be willing to sell me their own. I'm willing to pay good money. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Mar 7, 2014
Let me know if you find one. I'd like to be able to put one in my GPS in my truck as I currently only have a Thailand map and within Laos I have to rely entirely on printed maps. This may not be a bad thing, because apart from GT rider's map, I recently purchased the German produced Reise know how map, which is way more detailed and worth every Kip I paid for it. It's available at Monument books in Vientiane, Luang Prabang, Pakse and presumably also at Asia Books and various other bookstores in Thailand.