motorcycle + s.e. asia = adventure

S.E Asia motorcycle touring forums – highlighting the ultimate antidote to a humdrum existence!

Cafe Racer project-Start from scratch

Discussion in 'General Discussion / News / Information' started by Tom64, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Hi there!

I am new in Bangkok and would like to start a cafe racer project. I don't know much about mechanics, and would like to learn along this project. However I have no motorbike, and want to find a wreck because I don't have quite a big budget now (yes, you understood : I have no knowledge, no bike, no money ... but a lot of motivation!). :smile1:

So if any of you could provide me with good places to find a wreck, or any tips for learning how to build your own bike, or useful address in Bangkok ( garage, motorbike clubs ...), it could be a very good start!

Thanks a lot,

I look forward to start!

Thomas

2. There should be lots of cheap wrecks in Bangkok, and this youtube channel has lots of tips on how to build a real cafe racer:

Here's a good place to start:

3. ^ Exactly, you could probably find all the parts for a complete bike!

4. Thank you for your answer guys! That will be helpful!! Regarding a place to find a motorbike ( I mean a wreck), do you have any tips?

Cheers,