Car insurance to travel to Laos

Discussion in 'General Discussion / News / Information' started by shroomer, Feb 6, 2008.

  1. shroomer

    shroomer New Member

    Hello all. I want to drive my car into Laos and am looking for car insurance to cover the trip- my insurance company does not do it and I am having trouble finding a company which does. I know this is not strictly a bike question, but am sure same criteria applies. Any suggestions?
  2. Loading...

  3. DavidFL

    DavidFL Administrator Staff Member

    Try AGL for 3rd party when you enter Laos.
    If you're entering at the Friendship Bridge at Nong Khai you can get it there.
  4. SilverhawkUSA

    SilverhawkUSA Ol'Timer

    I've taken my Thai truck into Laos and Myranmar. You can get the insurance at the same place as for M/C as David says.

    You also need an International Transit Permit for your vehicle which you must obtain before going. You will most likely also be given a sticker for your windows which has a big "T" on it indicating it is a Thai vehicle and rhd.

    The biggest problem I had was when trying to overtake other vehicles. It is pretty difficult seeing oncoming traffic at times, but you get used to it.
  5. SilverhawkUSA

    SilverhawkUSA Ol'Timer

    Maybe they drive on the right side of the road the cars and trucks are LHD.
    Damn this is so confusing.

    Usually the term RHD and LHD refers to the side of the vehicle that the steering and controls are on, not the side of the road you drive on (which of course would be opposite). Yes, confusing.

Share This Page