Chiang Mai - Luang Prabang - Vientiane

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Arh back again for a bit....had heaps of trouble trying to upload the last batch of photos from a decent Internet cafe in Vientiane.

Pikey - the steak in Luang Namtha was a beauty & not road kill, although I admit it did look a bit like it.
Now I reckon we should set up a GT Rider trip to Luang Namtha for the night for a beer 'n steak night at the Manychan. From Cnx it would be 3 nights 4 days. 1 night o Chiang Khong. 1 night to Luang Namtha. 1 night to Chiang Rai. Then home to Cnx. Any takers?

My daily brekky spot in Luang Prabang - The Scandinavian Bakery.
View attachment 37552

View attachment 37553

And the GT Rider's breakfast
View attachment 37554
# 5 The Omelette Special. Price 145 baht approx.

At night for me it's usually the Soudaphone, which some GT Riders complain is hard to locate, because all the riverside restaurants look the same. Here's the sign to look for.
View attachment 37555

I forgot to take a meal shot, :oops: but did snap a table setting for a Lao / Viet police nosh up that I observed one night.
:) View attachment 37556

To be continued...

Quote from 2009: "Now I reckon we should set up a GT Rider trip to Luang Namtha for the night for a beer 'n steak night at the Manychan. From Cnx it would be 3 nights 4 days. 1 night o Chiang Khong. 1 night to Luang Namtha. 1 night to Chiang Rai. Then home to Cnx."

I wonder if we could ever get some riders together for this?