Chiang Rai - Massage

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Surprise a new massage recommendation. It's taken awhile to find a good one in the top North, & to be honest I'd stopped looking & trying.
However, I've found a new winner, Ms Nui @ Nicha Massage.
1639031971567.png

I've had a few massages over the decades here & most of them are not great, and in fact you have to try a lot of gals to get a really good massage.
If you don't know the shop or the gal, then it is just pot luck & you get the next masseuse in the queue, and if she's young & sexy, well she's normally just looking to get you for a happy ending, or start even, to make some fast baht. So most of them are not worth the time or money.

A good massage should be 2 hours, & as a general rule the older & bigger the gal the better the massage.
The GTR tip is to try a foot massage first, & if it's well done then go for for a 2-hour traditional Thai massage.
Another GTR tip is to go for a 2 hr massage, not 1 hour! A 1 hour massage is rushed & not enough time to really work over the body properly & get all that blood flowing nicely again.

There used to be a couple of superb gals in MHS @ the Ban Thai Massage, Tanya the owner & But the worker. Sadly both of them married farang & left MHS. But was the best though, & I have fond memories of a group of us guys going to MHS for a massage with But & having to get in a queue, she was so good for a traditional Thai massage, no hanky panky.
My next best massage gal for a few years was Ms Pum in Chiang Mai, but she also married and moved on.

It's been awhile to find another seriously good one & since I've been in the top north, I've actually given up.
However as fate would have it, walking to / from my hotel the Sabai Inn, to check up on the re-fitting of my spotlights on the bike I had to walk past several massage joints repeatedly by the hotel. I've looked at them & the gals many times, but could not get motivated to make another "failed investment."
That is until yesterday, with extra time to kill, a couple of hours. Perfect for a 2 hr test run. The previous day I had an excellent foot massage, to ease my feet & bloody toes from a pair of ill fitting boots, but that's another story; and thought why not, let's give the same gal a test.
I was not disappointed. Ms Nui, a 20 yrs plus massage veteran is the real deal. Excellent massage & lung has a spring in his step again. I shall return frequently.

Highly recommended.

Last edited:

Hawkus

Subscribed
Apr 12, 2021
Surprise a new massage recommendation. It's taken awhile to find a good one in the top North, & to be honest I'd stopped looking & trying.
However, I've found a new winner, Ms Nui @ Nicha Massage.
View attachment 144246

I've had a few massages over the decades here & most of them are not great, and in fact you have to try a lot of gals to get a really good massage.
If you don't know the shop or the gal, then it is just pot luck & you get the next masseuse in the queue, and if she's young & sexy, well she's normally just looking to get you for a happy ending, or start even, to make some fast baht. So most of them are not worth the time or money.

A good massage should be 2 hours, & as a general rule the older & bigger the gal the better the massage.
The GTR tip is to try a foot massage first, & if it's well done then go for for a 2-hour traditional Thai massage.

There used to be a couple of superb gals in MHS @ the Ban Thai Massage, Tanya the owner & But the worker. Sadly both of them married farang & let MHS. But was the best though, & I have fond memories of a group of us guys going to MHS for a massage with But & having to get in a queue, she was so good for a traditional Thai massage, no hanky panky.
My next best massage gal for a few years was Ms Pum in Chiang Mai, but she also married and moved on.

It's been awhile to find another seriously good one & I'd since being in the top north, I've given up.
However as fate would have it, walking to / from my hotel the Sabai Inn, to check up on the re-fitting of my spotlights on the bike I had to walk past several massage joints repeatedly by the hotel. I've looked at them & the gals many times, but could not get motivated to make another "failed investment."
That is until yesterday, with extra time to kill, a couple of hours. Perfect for a 2 hr test run. The previous day I had an excellent foot massage, to ease my feet & bloody toes from a pair of ill fitting boots, but that's another story; and thought why not, let's give the same gal a test.
I was not disappointed. Ms Nui, a 20 yrs pls massage veteran is the real deal. Excellent massage & lung has a spring in his step again. I shall return frequently.

Highly recommended.

What's your definition of a good massage Dave? For me, if there's no elbows, knees or back-walking, then it's just a tickle. Does your definition of a good massage involve some serious nak-nak?

canthai

Subscribed
Apr 8, 2015
Read this and tried to remember where in Chiang Rai I had a good one.
Rather large lady, hit ALL the spots, some mild pain actually during the massage but a definite spring in my step after.
Got really deep - she heard me grunt a few times but eased up slightly.
Never had to ask not so hard please.
Been a while tho'

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
What's your definition of a good massage Dave? For me, if there's no elbows, knees or back-walking, then it's just a tickle. Does your definition of a good massage involve some serious nak-nak?
Elbows, knees, back walking, it all depends how much strength the gal has in her hands perhaps. If not enough she may need help. I opted out of the back walk & knees because my hotel bed was too soft. But the most important thing is technique, feeling & touch the masseuse has - she should understand & know how far to go. Not brutalize you because of her insensitivity. I've endured a few bruises & red welts in my time from gals that don't have the touch = I never go back. Getting the right one for your body & needs is always a challenge, & one I took a break from for a couple of years; but I think I've got my new gal now in Chiang Rai.

Ughetto

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Mar 29, 2021
Same friends know the city of Chiang Rai
better than me
If we are talking about professional and good massage
they always say this is really good.
Price are really cheap and they make also donation when they go to do massage in the area inside this temple.
Most of the school and professional Thai massage are in Chiang Mai.

Last edited:
Reactions: theWTD and DavidFL