Chomthong Accommodation

Feb 15, 2009
I stumbled on this excellent new place at the end of a hot day's ride up from Mae Sariang. Lobbed into Chomthong, and had no real plan (as usual) about where to stay. Saw a sign saying guesthouse, so followed it on the basis that guesthouses tend to be clustered. Didn't find the one the sign related to, but did find the Riverside resort. What a surprise: great hosts, great food, quiet riverside location, stylish accommodation, and good pricing [ I probably did extra well because they were still finishing restaurant construction. Bargain .... :wink: ]]

Details: Chomthong Riverside Guesthouse, 5 Moo, 3 Tambonkhunpao Chomthong. (tel 0819506695).

When you're in the centre of Chomthong, head towards the Ping River Bridge at Tha Sala. Turn right just before the bridge and the guesthouse is between the road and the river. Has bungalows and rooms.

What impressed me most is the fact the hostess has designed the buildings herself, and has used organic materials, earth pigments, & recycled teak in the buildings. It has a very "Byron Bay" feel about it, so I felt right at home.

The view out the door:
IMG_1614.jpg

The room
IMG_1612.jpg

IMG_1613.jpg

The hosts...
IMG_1625.jpg

Worth a visit...and if you find ChiangMai too busy, could make a nice base for some day rides.

Jul 19, 2011
oldbloke;249573 wrote: I stumbled on this excellent new place at the end of a hot day's ride up from Mae Sariang. Lobbed into Chomthong, and had no real plan (as usual) about where to stay. Saw a sign saying guesthouse, so followed it on the basis that guesthouses tend to be clustered. Didn't find the one the sign related to, but did find the Riverside resort. What a surprise: great hosts, great food, quiet riverside location, stylish accommodation, and good pricing [ I probably did extra well because they were still finishing restaurant construction. Bargain .... :wink: ]]

Details: Chomthong Riverside Guesthouse, 5 Moo, 3 Tambonkhunpao Chomthong. (tel 0819506695).

When you're in the centre of Chomthong, head towards the Ping River Bridge at Tha Sala. Turn right just before the bridge and the guesthouse is between the road and the river. Has bungalows and rooms.

What impressed me most is the fact the hostess has designed the buildings herself, and has used organic materials, earth pigments, & recycled teak in the buildings. It has a very "Byron Bay" feel about it, so I felt right at home.

The view out the door:
IMG_1614.jpg

The room
IMG_1612.jpg

IMG_1613.jpg

The hosts...
IMG_1625.jpg

Worth a visit...and if you find ChiangMai too busy, could make a nice base for some day rides.
Wahoo, very nice. I agree with you. I have readied all content that is given on your post it is really good thought. You have a good collection of images related to the tourism. Thanks for this important information. Accommodation is easy with so many off peak cheap deals you can come any time of the year. The luxury of Rae's at Wategos to the fun funky and low budget backpackers and hostels. Some other accommodation is on the waterfront with spectacular beach views.

Jul 19, 2011
oldbloke;249573 wrote: I stumbled on this excellent new place at the end of a hot day's ride up from Mae Sariang. Lobbed into Chomthong, and had no real plan (as usual) about where to stay. Saw a sign saying guesthouse, so followed it on the basis that guesthouses tend to be clustered. Didn't find the one the sign related to, but did find the Riverside resort. What a surprise: great hosts, great food, quiet riverside location, stylish accommodation, and good pricing [ I probably did extra well because they were still finishing restaurant construction. Bargain .... :wink: ]]

The view out the door:
IMG_1614.jpg

The room
IMG_1612.jpg

IMG_1613.jpg

The hosts...
IMG_1625.jpg

Yes, you are right. Byron Bay is a destination for all seasons because of these lovely temperatures and beautiful environment. If you have never been to Byron Bay before, it's approximately 2 hours drive south of Brisbane and a 40 minute drive south of the Gold Coast. The area offers many beaches and rainforests, and is an extremely popular tourist destination. The images posted in your tag are very nice. Thanks

Jul 19, 2011

The view out the door:
IMG_1614.jpg

The room
IMG_1612.jpg

IMG_1613.jpg

The hosts...
IMG_1625.jpg

Ok, I have read your post. It is very interesting. Byron Bay is a tourist place for sand and sea lovers. Byron Bay is the good place for those who prefer bikinis. The month from June to September is the best time to come in Byron bay and enjoy your holidays. Byron Bay has many hotels and villas that offer many facilities to the tourists. There are also many cheap hotels in Byron bay.

Jul 19, 2011

The view out the door:
IMG_1614.jpg

The room
IMG_1612.jpg

IMG_1613.jpg

The hosts...
IMG_1625.jpg

I have seen all the images. These all images are nice!! I think the accommodation in Byron Bay is very good. There are many hotels and villas that offer excellent facilities to the visitors. There are also many beaches that you can use for your relax. Nice place!!Thanks

Jul 19, 2011

The view out the door:
IMG_1614.jpg

The room
IMG_1612.jpg

IMG_1613.jpg

The hosts...
IMG_1625.jpg

Worth a visit...and if you find ChiangMai too busy, could make a nice base for some
day rides.
Nice accommodation!!