CNX Hotles in Nov 08

Apr 20, 2008
Hi guys

I need some advise on the hotels in CNX during mid Nov 08 as most of the enquires made via online with the hotels ie. Centara Duangtawang or similar permits only maximum of 3 guest per room.

As I will be coming with my family (wife & two daughters aged 10 & 15 yrs) I would not be wasting money for an extra room and I intend to stay for about 6 days in CNX before flying to BKK.

I will be pleased if any guys here can provide some suggestions regarding the hotels which is conveniently located along the tourist strip in CNX.

Thanks.

Apr 20, 2008
Hi guys , thanks for your info.

But my main concern here is that the hotels that I enquired via online or thro' tel calls do not allow 4 persons (of which 1 child aged 10 yrs old) in a room (whether deluxe or superior room) and I was informed to book 2 rooms.

I'm surprised that it hotels here have such strict requirements.

As such I'm unsure which hotels to choose and do not want to be in an unpleasant situation upon checking -in if I do not disclose the number of guest duirng the reservation via online.

Thanks for the inputs.

Looking forward to visit CNX during this coming Nov and I'll also be riding up in Feb 09 for 20+ days.

Rhodie

Mar 5, 2006
With aging fading eyesight, I seriously thought this thread was a new monthly GT Rider innovation,

entitled "CNX Hoties in Nov 08" expecting to see Miss November!

Sadly, no such luck... :cry:

Apr 20, 2008
Thanks a lot for the info Happy Feet,

I've called the hotel and spoken to the Manager and the arrangement has been sorted out. The room for 4 of us is 1600 baht with b/fast.

I will be making the flight arrangements and accomodation in BKK next week after the 3 Nation Ride in Surat Thani.

Apr 20, 2008
Hi guys

I'll be in CNX on 14th Nov and shall stay till 17th Nov and thereafter drive to Maesalong, Mae Sai, GT, Chiang Khong for a couple of days.

Will return to CNX on 22rd Nov night and then fly back to BKK on 24th Nov and stay for a few days before going home.

Thanks again for the hotel info, Happy Feet, I may drop by at Transmotors place whenever I've the time while in CNX.

Maybe, I can meet you guys, David, Robert Rhiekel, Kemp and co at the Kafe at night for a couple of drinks.

Regards

Lip Meng

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Lipmeng
Welcome back mate.
I will be in Doi Mae Salong Friday night Nov 14, but back in Cnx Saturday to prepare for the Chiang Dao charity donation on Sunday 16th.

There's a pommy journalist around at the moment, riding Dom's Triumph Tiger for a big story in the UK magazine Bike. You should meet up with him for a chat & discuss the possibility of a Malaysian story. We have a loose plan to do Mae Salong & the GT after the 17th.

Keep in touch & probably see you at the Kafe on Sunday night 16th. My mobile phone number is the same - SMS me when you hit town. RobertH is in town too.

See ya soon.