Coming Soon!

Nov 12, 2013
My travel plans have been moved forward due to our company not winning an un-loseable contract!
Aussie,will be coming there with a couple of mates,looking to do trips to laos and Myanmar.
Looking to hire bikes etc.....more to come!

Poompui
AKA Rick

Dec 27, 2007
What time of year are you coming? This is the best time of year- cool and dry, clean air, great views! Cool season will end soon and then the north goes up in smoke. Still some great riding to be had tho! If you want to ride in Myanmar much simpler to fly there and rent locally. This outfit in Mandalay has had good reviews: http://www.mandalaymotorbike.com/

Nov 12, 2013
Hi Tony,

Hoping to fly to Bkk/Chaing Mai next week sometime.
TG had some great deals on from Australia,so will try to grab one of them.
Would like to do a scouting mission around Laos too,trying to convince a few friends to join me later in the year.
A mate who will come with me on this trip can't sit in the saddle too long at a stretch...(too many war wounds) so was trying to avoid the hectic schedules that some tours seem to have.

TonyBKK;296461 wrote: What time of year are you coming? This is the best time of year- cool and dry, clean air, great views! Cool season will end soon and then the north goes up in smoke. Still some great riding to be had tho! If you want to ride in Myanmar much simpler to fly there and rent locally. This outfit in Mandalay has had good reviews: http://www.mandalaymotorbike.com/

Dec 27, 2007
Yes, it's a great time to come- with all the political unrest in the capital you can score amazing deals on flights and hotels right now. Outside of Bangkok life continues pretty much as normal, though, as I just noted in another thread, the rice farmers are now threatening to block major roads around the country. Still, should be easy enough to avoid most of that nonsense on a bike.

Laos is stunning! You can either rent a bike here in Thailand and ride there, or fly to Vientiane and rent there.

Hope you have a fantastic ride!!

Nov 12, 2013
Companion fare Brisbane to Chiang Mai,with stopover in bkk $851....can't beat that!
Waiting to hear back from that Mandalay bike chappy,not sure how to get to where we can rent bikes from him.Probably rent bikes from CM and enter Laos from there.
Will start some posts in another section...need more ideas regarding cameras etc.
Thanks for your help!

Rick

TonyBKK;296497 wrote: Yes, it's a great time to come- with all the political unrest in the capital you can score amazing deals on flights and hotels right now. Outside of Bangkok life continues pretty much as normal, though, as I just noted in another thread, the rice farmers are now threatening to block major roads around the country. Still, should be easy enough to avoid most of that nonsense on a bike.

Laos is stunning! You can either rent a bike here in Thailand and ride there, or fly to Vientiane and rent there.

Hope you have a fantastic ride!!