Constantly Getting 'Logged Out'

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
Is anyone else having a problem with staying logged in on the new board? I sign in, but after that, more often than not, I get logged out when I go to read a topic. I prefer the "silver" background and have my profile set as such. Every time I get logged out it switches to black, very irritating. When I sign back in, it doesn't take me to the previous page I was viewing, but forces me to start all over again. 50/50 chance of staying logged in. A vicious circle. :evil:

This could be a cookie problem with my computer, but it is only occurring on GT-Rider. Admins??????

Apr 20, 2009
I was having the exact same problem when the forum switched a few weeks back. I deleted all my cookies, history etc. from my web browser and it's worked fine since then. Not sure what exactly fixed it, probably the cookies I guess.

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
HTWoodson wrote: I was having the exact same problem when the forum switched a few weeks back. I deleted all my cookies, history etc. from my web browser and it's worked fine since then. Not sure what exactly fixed it, probably the cookies I guess.
I deleted the cookies, but not the history. I'll try that next. The problem seems to be intermittent.

Kiwi Cruiser

Ben Kemp
Staff member
May 26, 2007
Thailand
Hi Dave

Demonstrably, its a problem at your end - I'm not aware of it being a problem for anyone else ,and its not something I've experienced on my PC. Issues like this invariably relate to cookies or cached files on your own PC, where the version is mis-matched or the file is corrupted.

- For some, clearing cookies is sufficient.
- For others, its necessary to delete history files because there's either a file version issue, or a corrupted file
- Control+F5 may also resolve the problem, by forcibly requiring a complete reload of all files, thus refreshing the cached versions.

Regards

Ben

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
I have not experienced this with GT-Rider in the past and it is only occurring on GT-Rider. That's why I was asking if anyone else is having the same problem. Thanks Ben, I'll see what I can do at my end. :?

Kiwi Cruiser

Ben Kemp
Staff member
May 26, 2007
Thailand
Hi Dave
Yes, I understand... and that its specific to GT-Rider actually proves the point... :)

Its almost certainly due to an out-of-sync cookie or cached file that's not being over-written properly by the newer version of the site's software. The only solution is deleting the offending file on your PC ,as outlined in the previous post.

cheers

Ben