Day-trip around Khon Kaen

Nov 21, 2010
It was a bright sunny morning, but due to some work I could not leave before 10:30 for a small day-trip of 180km. I left the city over route 2 south wards and took the 208 in direction of Kosum Phisai where is a forrest temple with monkeys ... I hate monkeys so I skipped that. And continued my the road to Maha Sarakham which is actually a very big village with a big University. From there I continued my trip on the 2367 in direction of Koeng until somewhere at a village the road crosses the Chi river and there happened to be a boat-racing event going on. So I stopped along the river at the local temple to have lunch and enjoy the fun.

After lunch I tried to find my way back home again but did ride first in direction of Kalasin to take the way back via Yang Talad and took route 12 back home. A bit boring very straight road so a good moment to upgrade my personal Versys-speed-maximum.

Next time the west side of Khon Kaen or maybe north?

Chang Noi

Attached files
271376=5089-0006_Waypoint6.jpg
271376=5090-0007_Waypoint7.jpg

Apr 16, 2011
Hi chaingnoi

Good to see that you are getting out around khon kaen, i am now back in khon kaen and have just done a 4 day ride with a few guys from the tiger sachs fourm to mae sot, so if you would like to me up for a small ride around kk area let me know my phone # is 0813630543, there is a small but nice road around the ubon rat dam

Cheers
Grubman

Nov 21, 2010
Thanks, just added your phone number. Yes I had been thinking about Ubon Rat lake & dam. Pattay 2 beach is there also somewhere?

Chang Noi

Grubman;271397 wrote: Hi chaingnoi

Good to see that you are getting out around khon kaen, i am now back in khon kaen and have just done a 4 day ride with a few guys from the tiger sachs fourm to mae sot, so if you would like to me up for a small ride around kk area let me know my phone # is 0813630543, there is a small but nice road around the ubon rat dam

Cheers
Grubman