Entering Huay Sai

Discussion in 'Laos - General Discussion Forum' started by chiangrai, Oct 13, 2013.

  1. chiangrai

    chiangrai New Member

    I'm going to Laos soon and I'm trying to decide weather or not to bring my bike with me.Is it worth all the hassle of the paperwork and might I be better off to just take the bus and rent a bike by the day when I want to take a trip,
    First of all i would like to know the exact paperwork involved.
    I have a newish D-tracker 125cc,it's in my missus name because we weren't married when I bought it.In Chiang Rai you can't buy a bike on a tourist visa or get a drivers license.
    I would have to check with the amphue because I now have a marriage visa.
    So presuming I get the green book in my name and a Thai drivers license.Which will cost me a few bob,having to stay in a hotel in the city overnight and all.
    Are there any other costs,is there some motorbike international paper you need as well,are there extra charges at Laos emigration for taking a bike with you.
    Is the Thai drivers license good in Laos.
    Any advice would be welcome.As you can see I'm not very well informed.
  2. Loading...

Share This Page