Flamingo Travel

Rod Page

Subscribed
Jan 7, 2010
I have just, for the first time, seen that Flamingo Travel has joined some illustrious company with an advertising banner atop the GTR Touring Forums site.

I know I've said it before in general posts but now take the opportunity to say it again in a directly related thread that these guys are far & away the best people with the best bikes in Vietnam. Hang (who acted as my agent throughout my/our travels in VN & was/is brilliant), Hung (the boss), Hai (Hung's charming wife), Chris, Pinkey (legendary tour guides) & a myriad of other legends there will help you with your every need.

Their bikes are the best prepared, best equipped outfits available in VN & they provide the best back-up options available. Talk with them about pick-up or delivery in either Hanoi or HCMC (even by train if in, say, Da Nang). They have the best information in terms of trips to be undertaken, can assist with accommodation advice, visas...........whatever, just ask.

Dont even bother looking elsewhere!

feejer

Feb 16, 2007
Rod Page;282432 wrote: Dont even bother looking elsewhere!
So true. VN is not CM/GT by any stretch where you have several (if not many) reliable rental choices. In Hanoi, if one ventures beyond Flamingo, quality goes downhill fast and furious.

lekkm

Sep 10, 2007
Based on recommendations here, I emailed Flamingo to hire two 125cc Honda Future. Mr Hung replied promptly with the rental details and offered some add-on services. After paying the 30% deposit via Onepay, the booking was confirmed.

On arrival, the bikes were there. While they were in quite good condition, Mr Hung had a rear tire replaced and both side mirrors installed for a safer ride. He cares about our safety. After settling the rental balance, security deposit (500 bucks each) and paperwork, we got the bikes and tested them out in town. No problem. And they were trouble free for the next 8 days of fun riding in the North. These little fellows were great for the kind of roads up there.

We could return one of the bikes in Lao Cai for a small drop-off fee. The other made it all the way back to Hanoi in a day of easy riding.

Needless to say, we got back our deposits and made some friends in Flamingo.