For Sale BMW 1150GS 395,000 Baht - SOLD

Jun 21, 2006
FOR SALE BMW 1150 GS

- Purchased From Erwin Ruser, BMW Thailand
- First Registered May 2002
- Colour Mandarin (Yellow)
- 26,000 Kms
- A.B.S.
- New set of tyres not yet fitted (Michelin Anakee)
- BMW Side Panniers
- Spotlights
- New Battery
- Extra power socket on handlebar, (for GPS, Walkman)
- Touratech Handlebar Protectors
- Touratech Yellow Side Covers
- Touratech Lockable Oil Filler Cap
- Workshop Manual on CD in 7 languages.
- Bike located at Phuket

Price 395,000 THB

John Hamilton
[email [email protected]][email protected][/email]

Ananda0135.jpg

Ananda0141.jpg

Ananda0138.jpg

Ananda0144.jpg

Jun 21, 2006
daewoo wrote:

Happy Days...

:D :D :D

Cheers,
Daewoo
Yes and NO

Finally relieved that the bike has gone after being up for sale for 2 years

Hoped to have got more than the 230,000 baht I let it go for, just to see the back of it, Bargain Of The Week.

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
Cheapest GS1150 in Thailand, A real Bargain for someone. Sorry you had to let it go for Basically Free But Glad you are Finally Rid of it John. Good Luck for your Future Purchase :D It is a Funny Place Thailand everyone Complains about the Ridiculous Cost of Bikes yet when there is a Dirt Cheap Bargain come up No One wants it??? For some reason BMW have no Resale Value here, maybe the expensive Maintenance and Servicing costs? Have to pay a Fortune to Buy one New then you can't sell it for Bugger All? That is Why if the Big Japanese Companies get their Act together and get the Customer Service right they should clean up. Lets see which ones start up, Yamaha are on to it already. They will leave BMW, Harley, Ducati & Triumph behind because these Dealers are still of the Mindset that we should be Privileged to Buy their Bike??? Not so much Triumph as i can't say a word against Yut who has been More than Helpful, He is a Legend! 8) The Rest will be left to the Guys with Big Bucks, all the Gear but don't Ride!!!

Jun 21, 2006
What really cheezed me off was I actually bought the bike from Erwin Ruser the head of BMW Thailand Motorbikes.

paid over 600,000 baht and was give a 1 year good will warranty

after 3 months they fixed leaking oil sight glass for free

after 9 months of owning bike, had problem with sticking rear brake caliper, I contacted Erwin directly and he managed to find a 'loop hole' in the warranty that I was given, and refused to pay

So no more BM's for me, Japanese only from now on

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
tropicaljohno wrote: What really cheezed me off was I actually bought the bike from Erwin Ruser the head of BMW Thailand Motorbikes.

paid over 600,000 baht and was give a 1 year good will warranty

after 3 months they fixed leaking oil sight glass for free

after 9 months of owning bike, had problem with sticking rear brake caliper, I contacted Erwin directly and he managed to find a 'loop hole' in the warranty that I was given, and refused to pay

So no more BM's for me, Japanese only from now on
That is really sad that ppl using they position for shaving off warranties,,,

wanna share that So called"Loop hole"

Jun 21, 2006
Marco wrote:
wanna share that So called"Loop hole"
The transaction of purchasing my 1150GS took place in Erwin Ruser's office, in Wireless Place, BMW Thailand HQ

22.09.04 13,459kms Purchased GS from Erwin, and Erwin said he will give me 1 years Good Will Warranty

01.11.04 16,711kms Oil sight glass started leaking, I contacted Erwin, he said take it to Pkt BMW where they replaced it free of charge.

01.08.05 23,120kms Rear brake caliper sticking. Contacted Erwin, he told me to take it to Pkt BMW. The shop later sent me an email, saying 29,000 baht to replace rear hydraulic system.

I forwarded email to Erwin for instructions. Erwin asked when bike was first registered, and looking in green booke, told him May 2002.

Erwin then informed me that bike now over 3 years old, so no warranty after 3 years.

I informed Erwin that he had given me a 1 years Good Will Warranty, and as I had the problem after only 10 months of owning bike the warranty should still apply. Also I told him that if he wasn't paying for repairs, I should have been given the option whether I take it to Pkt BMW or not.

Erwin's reply was just.... no one has had that problem before so we wouldn't have paid any way.

So much for BMW Goodwill, and all this from the Head of BMW Motorbikes.

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
Congrats on selling the bike mate and commiserations for having to let it go so cheaply - I hope the buyer realizes what a deal he's got. I sold my 97 R1100GS in the UK for exactly the same price in 2005 when it was 8 years and 60,000 miles old.

Now, get that house sold, get up here and get a Bonnie! ;)

Cheers,

Pikey.

Jun 21, 2006
I advertised the bike 395,000 baht in 3 newspapers and 4 web sites.

Baht and Sold had 300 hits

Had a German guy on Phuket say too expensive

Had Thai guy in Bangkok ask if I can discount to 300,000 baht

Only these 2 enquires and no one come see the bike