Hi all,

Because:
- It gathers more dust under its shelter than on the road,
- I am very busy restoring and playing my trials toys,
- I now like better to spend time in my small workshop “hands in grease”,
- I sometimes feel sad to see it so motionless like that,
- And so on…
It’s time to truly decide ;-) So…

I sale my YAMAHA FZ6F (Fazer 600). I bought it brand new in Yamaha Square Chiang Mai. Registered 1st of December 2008 (2009 model, the ultimate one), black colour, genuine green book in my name, under 2000 km on the clock (yes, not two thousands kilometers!), mint condition.
Original owner manual and purchase bills. Only serviced and cared in Yamaha Square CM.
It comes with:
1) rear Givi soft paniers mounted on custom made brackets (removable and non-intrusive), Quick-Lock Bag Connection tank bag, MRA Touring Vario windshield, Top-Saddlery comfort seat, 12V cig lighter socket, LEDs battery/charge monitor.
2) genuine original seat and genuine original windshield.
3) insured and taxed until next November.

Lovely cared... Free oil change and service in Yamaha Square at time of the sale for the benefit of the buyer...

Please, feel free to phone or e-mail me for any infos.
0870525970 or [email protected]

Asked price: 350000 Bahts.

Attached files
267990=3348-DSCN2212.jpg
267990=3347-DSCN2213.jpg
267990=3345-DSCN2218.jpg
267990=3346-DSCN2219.jpg

gobs

Feb 8, 2007
Before someone asks...
No, the rear bags on these pictures are not the Givi ones! They are the previous bags...
NOW THE GENUINE GIVI BAGS ARE IN PLACE
As nothing has changed apart the bags, I have just been a bit lazy to make new pics ;-)

Anyway, just to say, between friends, here...
I've always been used to ride second hand 70s/80s bikes. After having been settled in LOS for some time I was tempted to do so, but at the moment the second hand market here seemed to me a bit "special" and I was not so trusty in my possible choices. So, for the first time in my life, I decided to buy a brand new bike as a "guarantee of peace of mind" (Green Book history, service history and so on...)...
For me, this bike, as a road bike, is wonderful in many aspects: middle-weight-ready-to-do-all on the road. I admit I do love it even if it's not an "old one". But as a new one, it comes perfect from factory and doesn't need any "special workshop care" and that makes me a bit annoyed... I like too much to handle tools, oil, grease and to open this and that on my bikes. I'm not in the mood of "riding for riding", if I may say, though, I know, and it's perfect, some of you guys like much better to ride your bikes a lot... All tastes are in the Nature, aren't they?
So what?
Well, now I better know and understand the thai second hand bikes market and its loop-holes and concerns... I better know too how to source this and that; what is easily available as spares parts; what is to avoid; what can be well done and where... Don't take me wrong: I'm not an expert at all but I begin to feel at ease with the thai bikes "system".
Then maybe, if the Fazer go sold, I'll turn my heart to a 70s/80s one: a middle weight 2 or 4 cylinders bike, but for sure, a japanese bike in Asia... Suzuki 750 Katana, Honda CB450/750 or CX500 or AT 650/750, Kawasaki Z750/900, Yamaha XJ or XT... All these ones (and more!), you can find them in LOS with some patience, but usualy with some good work right after purchase and all along the life of the bike. And that's what I do like!

My feelings through the past two or three months about my FZ6F:
At the morning, I go and look at my Fazer: "OK, today, sure I have a ride. I'm stupid to be tempted to sell it!"
OK, the day goes on, doing this, doing that... Busy, busy...
At the evening my eyes falling on my Fazer: "OK, one day more without a ride! Well, better to sell it..."
And again and again...
Today I made the first step with this ad, then let's the fate makes the second one!

Sorry for this long, long post! I didn't want it so long...
;-)

Thanks for looking,
Cheese,
Gobs

jon

Nov 3, 2006
If you don't mind me asking, what " trials toys " do you have?... and good luck with the sale of your bike.

gobs

Feb 8, 2007
Hi Jon,
Thanks for your interest, and don't worry we are between friends here ;-)

I own 3 classic japanese (by trivial choice here in Thailand) trials bikes:
- Honda TLM 220 (2 strokes)
- Honda TLR 200 (4 strokes)
- Honda TLR 250R (sport-trials, 4 strokes)
And coming very-very soon a Yamaha TY 250... Have to pick it up a next day.

"Que du bonheur!" as it is said in France... Meaning something like "Only happiness!" Through my eyes for sure...
In fact it was my favorite motorcycle sport back home some... 30 years ago! I competed too in those times, but I was never an ace: I tried to follow the best guys to copy them, but at the end of the day, no matter: while they were at the top of the placing, I only stay at the end. But a lot of fun!
Bultaco, Montesa, Fantic were my favorite bikes. But it was in Europe...
Today, I play very soft between some stones and some muddy slopes here and there near my home...
I buy "running" bikes no matter the "cosmetic" aspect. Then, at home I refurbish the bikes at my own taste: the 70s/80s racing style... Hence the small workshop. Very amusing/interesting! And easy because single, simple and bullet-proof bikes.
My dream would be to get a trials playground somewhere near Chiang Mai, and design some "artificial" trials zones with tyres, rocks, trunks, planks, holes and so on. By this way you can modify the difficulties and play/progress at your own pace. Or build some easy zones and difficult ones...

Are you interested about trials, Jon?

Cheese,
Gobs

jon

Nov 3, 2006
Gobs,
Yes I am interested in trials and my background sounds quite similar to yours. I too competed about 30 or so years ago in Northern Ireland and I was not a star but just enjoyed it. I rode a selection of Montesas and the last bike was a 240 Fantic twin shock. Last year I bought a 1995 Beta Techno 250 which had come straight from Japan. It is in very good condition but I haven't really ridden it much. I don't get on with the kickstart being on the left and someone seems to have stolen the seat! I was actually looking for a TY250 but couldn't find one I liked.
Your collection of bikes sounds interesting. Sammy Miller in the UK does a lot of spares for the fourstroke Hondas and even makes a highboy frame for the 200 plus a big bore kit and carburettor to suit. There is a 200 running about on the roads in Maejo. I saw it again today and last week I spotted a TY175 being ridden by a young guy on a road near Chiangmai University but I couldn't catch up with him in time. It looked quite original.
A trials garden sounds good fun and I think a few groups of Thai riders go to Doi Suthep at the weekends. They seem to meet up near the entrance to the Huay Tung Thao lake. Good luck with the bikes.

gobs

Feb 8, 2007
Thanks for your reply Jon,
As you, I rode too a Fantic 240 twin schock. My last "racing" trials bike as well...
It was a fantastic bike. If I were still living in Europe, I think I would buy one at first and restore it. Beautiful and powerful engine... Here in LOS, it can be found but sourcing spare parts can be a problem. And sourcing them from Europe is very expensive.
TY250 monoshock is rather common here, though not as popular as Honda bikes. At about 20 to 27 KB, depending of the condition. I just pick-up mine this morning ;-) 23 KB, very good at first glance... Bram-bam-bam... bam... bam-bam... bam... I do like the idle and low rev sounds of this engine: it's like getting a spark only every each minute at idle. Full of torque. And a lot of blue smoke too! ;-)
The Beta Techno is a good bike too. Yes you have to get used with the kick start on the LHS. It seems it's not a "natural" movement: we feel like "distorted" when starting the bike.
TY175 twin shock is not so common in LOS. I never saw this one in CNX... Very pretty bike. Not so powerful, but very nimble and easy to ride...
Nice to hear from you, Jon.
Cheese,
Gobs