Fresh Meat From Phuket

Breastfed

Sep 2, 2019
Phuket
Hello from Phuket,
I've been a long time lurker on this forum and finally joined, I must say what a great wealth of excellent info can be found here, thanks to all who have contributed and certainly helped me make some choices.

btw I do have a 10/11 day ride planned for this Dec with a good mate, starting in Khao Kho, Phu Tabberk, Sirikit dam feery crossing, Nan Noi, Doi Samer Dao, Bo Kluea, 1148 up to Phu Chi Fah, Chiang Khong / see a few famous GT sites, over to Doi Tung for passion fruit salad 555, Gumbie House (Fang) 1249/1340 to Pai, MHS, Doi Inthanon, and make our way back to Khao Kho.

Cant wait, thanks again.

Stay Upright
Breastfed

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Hello from Phuket,
I've been a long time lurker on this forum and finally joined, I must say what a great wealth of excellent info can be found here, thanks to all who have contributed and certainly helped me make some choices.

btw I do have a 10/11 day ride planned for this Dec with a good mate, starting in Khao Kho, Phu Tabberk, Sirikit dam feery crossing, Nan Noi, Doi Samer Dao, Bo Kluea, 1148 up to Phu Chi Fah, Chiang Khong / see a few famous GT sites, over to Doi Tung for passion fruit salad 555, Gumbie House (Fang) 1249/1340 to Pai, MHS, Doi Inthanon, and make our way back to Khao Kho.

Cant wait, thanks again.

Stay Upright
Breastfed

Thanks for the GTR kudos.
Hope you have a great trip.

I see you are looking to stay at Gumbie House in Fang.
I've been thinking about giving the Fhuk Fang a go just because of the name.
Google Maps

Breastfed

Sep 2, 2019
Phuket
Thanks
haha my initial thought was Barking dogs with a name like that ...then i read through a few comments,.... did you read the comments about the barking dogs ?

Reactions: DavidFL
Jan 22, 2005
Just did 2 days of 14 day trip at Gumbie House near Fang Hot Springs. Fantastic! One of the best little resorts in the area. We went for early morning hot spring soaks before enjoying some really spectacular riding on many of the roads labelled 3037. Had lunch at campground at end of one of them. Touted as "highest campground in Thailand". Much better than most with shady, treed camping areas and only one couple camping. Beautiful roads made for motorbikes with very few others on the roads. Tried to take the back way north of the park along the Burmese border from 1314, but gate was shut and military guard wasn't having it. Next time, I guess. Other highlights were extremely fresh oranges just off the trees, the Agricultural R&D at Doi Ang Khan, and many small hydroelectric plants we were welcomed to tour. As well as Gumbie House itself. Lovely place. Highly recommend! Outside of Arunothai--anybody know what these clay urns are for, and why they are discarded like this?

IMG_3937.JPG

IMG_3792.JPG

IMG_3946.JPG

IMG_3933.JPG

IMG_3878.JPG

IMG_3910.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ughetto