Garmon 660 what you guys think

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Vendor Ya Flik Online shopping mall China

Anyone have any experience with them?

Do you think this is for real?

if it is, it is heck of deal

Even with the 15% increase roughly $187.00 for a Garmin 660, with blue toothe capability.

35 Euro for shipping, to Thailand via UPS.

Even with paying an import fee of 35%

Thai Map will be about 7k Baht

The asking price for the garmin 550 with buletoothe capabilites and map is 41K baht

What you guys think?

--- On Fri, 1/2/09, yaaik wrote:

> From: yaaik
> Subject: Re: 回复: Garmon 660 GPS
> To: [email [email protected]][email protected][/email]
> Date: Friday, January 2, 2009, 3:11 AM
> hi Ray.
> 1.Web site to sell our products are brand new
>
>
>
> 2.we offer international guarantee,if any issue after sale
> 7days goods can be returned to our company,30days
> exchangable and 3years repaired.
>
> We purchase directly from manufacturers,the products after
> WTO Product Quality System Certification,so we have been to
> good quality and reasonable price to win a good
> reputation,if you made your desion please contact us ,we
> will offer our best service,looking forwarding to your reply
> sincerely.
>
> Track information is available once item is delivered
> ,Assurance you can receive your item on time. You may
> conveniently track your orders by the appropriate shipping
> company, such as ems, ups, dhl or fedex. We would guarantee
> the arrival of the items, if not, we would resend for refund
> you undoubtedly according with your requirement.
> we will send you the recipt by the fax after we confirm
> your payment.
>
> but we are a company that Chinese government presented the
> documents, and have customers in many places . our freight
> costs, including insurance premiums, so the problem does not
> arise ,which you Do not have worried.
>
>
> 3.our payment is western union or bank transfer.which one
> would you choose?
>
> 4. Our Web site is sold on a wholesale basis, if you want
> to buy a unit, the need to increase the cost of 15%!
>
> What questions, please
> let me know.
>
>
>
> Thanks!
>
>
> --- 09年1月2日,周五, Ray Risher
> 写道:
>
> 发件人: Ray Risher
> 主题: Re: 回复: Garmon 660 GPS
> 收件人: [email [email protected]][email protected][/email]
> 日期: 2009,12,周五,10:41上午

Garmin nüvi 660 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator

Technical Details
Dimensions WxDxH - 4.9" x .9" x 2.9"
Weight - 6.2 oz
Display - 4.3" WQVGA
Product Details

Product Dimensions: 6.7 x 6.5 x 6.5 inches ; 6.2 ounces
Shipping Weight: 2 pounds
Product Description
With a gorgeous widescreen display, the Garmin nüvi 660 GPS Personal Travel Assistant is your answer to the call of adventure. A sleek navigator and a keen travel assistant, the nüvi 660 is preloaded with highly detailed City Navigator NT road maps for the entire United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. This map database features nearly six million points of interest (POIs), including hotels, restaurants, gas stations, ATMs, and attractions, and the data is provided by NAVTEQ, a world leader in premium-quality mapping.This preloaded navigator brings all this fantastic map data to your fingertips with a super-bright, 4.3-inch widescreen display for improved map viewing, day or night. Use the touch screen interface to select destinations, look up POIs, and play your favorite MP3s and audio books. The display also helps you control hands-free calling, traffic alerts, and the FM transmitter, all from the screen of your personal travel assistant.

Which nüvi is Best for You?: to see a quick, simple comparison of features for all Garmin nuvi GPS navigators

Wider screen lets you see more of what's around. Compare these actual size views of a 3-inch (diagonal) screen

and a 4.3-inch diagonal widescreen

Widescreen -- See Better, See More
The widescreen format gives you 70% more actual screen area than a 3.5-inch screen. Primarily this translates into a better view of the area through which you are driving. This is especially useful in showing you what parks, restaurants, ATM, gas stations, etc. are nearby, or in letting you know whether a detour is a good idea. Also, the device itself is larger, meaning controls on the screen are more widely spaced and somewhat easier to push.

FM Transmitter -- Hear Better, Hear More
Instead of straining your ears to hear turn-by-turn directions or your favorite MP3s, you can enjoy wireless FM audio transmission via the nüvi 660's wireless FM transmitter. Tune your car's radio to the appropriate station and you'll hear all the nüvi's audio, including voice prompts, MP3s, audio books, and more, directly through your vehicle's stereo system. The nüvi 660 includes many "must-have" entertainment and travel tools, including digital music and audio book playback, JPEG picture viewer, currency converters, and more. All these great features make the nüvi 660 a complete Personal Travel Assistant.

First Rate Map Data
The nüvi 660 comes ready to go right out of the box with preloaded City Navigator NT street maps, including a hefty POI database with hotels, restaurants, fuel, ATMs and more. Simply touch the color screen to enter a destination, and nüvi takes you there with 2D or 3D maps and turn-by-turn voice directions. Garmin gets its map data from NAVTEQ, a world leader in premium-quality mapping.

In addition, the nüvi 660 accepts custom points of interest (POIs), such as school zones and safety cameras and lets you set proximity alerts to warn you of upcoming POIs

Important note about map updates: Due to our high volume of sales, almost every Garmin portable GPS navigator sold by Amazon.com will come with the most recent map version. If you ever do need a map update, you can purchase one from Amazon.com at our
Hands-Free Calling
In more and more places, it is becoming illegal to use cell phones while driving without a hands-free kit. The nüvi 660's Bluetooth capability, microphone and speaker lets match it to any bluetooth-capable phone to make hands-free mobile phone calls. Simply dial the phone number with the nüvi's touch screen keypad to make a call on a compatible phone. To answer an incoming call, just tap the screen and speak into the built-in microphone. Making and taking calls on the road has never been easier, or safer. In addition, Garmin makes it a breeze to look-up and dial numbers from your personalized phone book or even tap into your cell phone's call history log.

Integrated FM Traffic Receiver

Steer clear of traffic with an integrated FM traffic receiver designed to receive alerts from TMC Clear Channel about traffic tie-ups and road construction that might lie ahead on your route. All you have to do is simply touch the screen to view traffic details and you'll be ready to detour around any problem area. And if you end up missing a turn, or you're forced into a detour that is not relayed through the traffic receiver, the nüvi's sophisticated automatic routing will get you back on track in no time.

In most areas, TMC Clear Channel traffic broadcasts are continuous — there's no waiting for scheduled traffic news updates or random alerts. Because traffic broadcasts are received via a "silent" FM data channel, you can still listen to music or news programming on your car radio without interference from incoming FM traffic data transmissions.

A 3-month subscription to TMC Clear Channel's Total Traffic Network is included with purchase of this device. For more information on subscription fees, coverage in individual cities, and traffic data networks in the United Kingdom and Europe, check the

Easy To Use Interface
Garmin's interface is a key to their success and one of the things that makes their devices such a pleasure to use. Simple controls and sub-screens make it easy to enter or search for destinations and get data about your trip.

Beyond Navigation

Browse your stored pictures with an easy-to-use JPEG viewer. A handy MP3 player lets you play songs stored on SD memory cards.

Navigation is just the beginning. The nüvi 660 features travel tools including JPEG picture viewer, MP3 player, world travel clock with time zones, currency converter, measurement converter, calculator and more. It also comes with Garmin Lock, an anti-theft feature, and configurable vehicle icons that let you select car-shaped graphics to show your location on the map.

This device is compatible with optional content plug-ins available via SD card, such as the Garmin Travel Guides and Garmin SaversGuide provide detailed data for attractions and information on nearby merchants offering discounts, so you can customize nüvi for your travel needs

Garmin has also added the ability for customers to add custom points of interest (POI’s) from third parties such as school zones and safety cameras.

Trick Your GPS Ride

Custom vehicle icons let you ride in style, at least inside your GPS.

All Garmin nüvis support configurable vehicle icons. These fun, customized car-shaped icons come in a variety of colors to add a personal touch to your vehicle's position on the map.

With this GPS system on board you'll be prepared to steer clear of traffic with the integrated FM TMC traffic receiver. The nüvi 770 is designed to receive alerts about traffic tie-ups and road construction that might lie ahead on your route. All you have to do is simply touch the screen to view traffic details and you'll be ready to detour around any problem area. And if you end up missing a turn, or you're forced into a detour that is not relayed through the traffic receiver, the nüvi's sophisticated automatic routing will get you back on track in no time.

What's in the Box
nüvi 660 GPS navigation system, preloaded City Navigator North, America NT data, vehicle suction cup mount, A/C charger, carrying case, FM traffic receiver/12-volt adapter with 3-month free trial subscription, dashboard disk, USB interface cable, sample language guide content (preloaded), sample travel guide, sample MP3s (preloaded), sample audio books (preloaded), owner's manual, and a quick reference guide.

Notes

Optional software for language translation, detailed travel guides, and savings programs allow you to customize your nüvi to fit your travel needs
The FM transmitter feature is only available in the United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand
This nüvi comes with a free, three-month trial for MSN Direct services.

Like most USB Mass Storage Devices, the nüvi is not compatible with Windows 95, Windows 98 or Windows Me.

Product Description
See more and explore with nvi 660. This widescreen travel companion and navigator features preloaded maps, hands-free calling, traffic alerts, FM transmitter and more. Like the rest of the wide nvi 600-series, its large touchscreen display puts the world at your fingertips.

Oct 16, 2007
Nuvi 660 is a great machine but now a couple of years old, has been replaced with newer models.
Not waterproof and does not last long on battery, so a mains connection is advisable.
MTG

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Is that why the price is low? I'm concerned about the company being real.

I will probably settle for the legend, not ready to part with 41k for a Zuma 550.

I'm taking my time on this because I may be able to get a Zuma 550 from the states delivered at 50% less. So no hurry

Auke

Nov 10, 2003
Don't know the company but checked out their website. Unbelievable low prices - they quote a Ducati 1098 Biposto for 1850 Euro - so I am not sure about their reliability.

The price quoted for the Nuvi 660 is way lower than the discounted prices quoted by companies in the USA like TVNAV.com and GPSDiscount.com (about 450 USD) so again doubt about getting the real stuff or not.

Personally I would go for the Zumo 550 (if you really need the Bluetooth) or the 450 as these models are specifically made for use on motorcycles. However, if one of the reasons for getting a GPS is the ability to collect tracks, you better go for a handheld like the Legend, 60 and 76 CX or CSX, etc. and spend some money on a good RAM mount for use on the motorcycle.

Drawback of the handhelds is the small screen (getting older so my eyes aren't the best anymore) and I have in my truck a 60CX for tracking but next to it a Nuvi to see the map.

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Well I looked up the retail sights for them it included Home Depot, they are all over California. My friend is in Texas dontl know if they have them there or not. He went back for his Fathers death. So I dontl want ot bother him righ bnow, Even retail you can get them there for 500 to 600 dollars. Thats a darn sight better then 1150.

$200 for loading maps it's a good deal and it won't be knock off.

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
if you do go down with them, please let us know how it turns out.

Their prices are definitely dirt cheap, but I suppose that if they are a true wholesaler they should be.

Cheers,
Daewoo

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
apparently this modl is discontuined by Garmin which might answer a lot of questions, But not the right one for a bike. I will keep plugging along. More time then money.

Remarkable pricing though

Thanks
Guys