green book

Discussion in 'Laos - General Discussion Forum' started by filip-gsa, Jan 10, 2006.

  1. filip-gsa

    filip-gsa Member

    Is it necessary to keep the green book with me for bordercrossing or are copies okay? I have visum for one month, can I ride with my Thai registraded bike also for that long in Laos and how does it work with the insurance?
  2. Loading...

  3. BobS

    BobS Ol'Timer

    Search the site for more details, but:

    1. Copies are OK
    2. You need permission form signed by owner if bike is not in your name.
    3. Usually, they only allow 2 weeks.
    4.You buy Lao insurance when you cross.


    "The true secret of giving advice is, after you have honestly given it, to be perfectly indifferent whether it is taken or not and never persist in trying to set people right."

Share This Page