GT Loop

Jul 25, 2010
Took a spin around the GT loop this last week and like David saw the collapse at DMS. Building codes?????
web.jpg

The weather was stunning
IMG_4186.jpg

and the kids were having a great time around the back of DMS
IMG_4205.jpg

Went on to Mae Sai where the river was running high
IMG_4240.jpg

and the rice fields were a treat going to Chiang Saen
web.jpg

The 1129 is more like a motocross circuit with the road works. If you are going that way, its murder for miles. Didn't take any pics as I couldn't see for all the dust.
The mighty Mekong was in full swing heading to Chiang Khong
web.jpg

Got to get one of these rest hammocks but have to go to the Piston Shop to see how to fit it to the ER6n
IMG_4290.jpg

but the misses found an easier solution to the 'Need a quick Nap' issue so maybe forget the hammock idea
IMG_4298.jpg
Rain stop play on the way to Phayao but a buss shelter saved the day
web.jpg

but beautiful weather again in Phayao
web.jpg

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Hi Ron

nice pictures and yes building codes,,but also i think that hotel building has been there many yrs and every year it pours donw in rainy seasson,, so that leaves question how are the other buidings there and ofcourse it's looks like movement has been underground,,,,

how was other buidings below there,, if i remember there was few houses down below when we stood there last year with Dougal,,,,

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Ron
Great to see you enjoying life on the road, plus the weather whatever it is. :thumbup:

It looks like you've got a handle on uploading photos too now. Well done & many thanks for the contribution.

Jul 25, 2010
David, thanks for the instructions on posting pictures which even a non laptop person like me could follow.
I had a look at the low side of the slope at DSM where the slide took place and there seemed to be no interruption to whats below. Dont hold your breath though! Its steep.