GT Rider BBQ Chiang Mai Bike Week

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
Sorry for the no-show guys...

John and I decided to do a run up Doi Inthanon again, and the traffic out of CM was manic...

We ended up having a late start and didn't get back to town until after 5...

Cheers,
Daewoo

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Thanks to all the guys who turned up - I hope you all had a good time.
I did not get any photos - too busy talking & drinking, so if anyone wants to post there photos, please do.

Daewoo & John G, yeah I thought you were missing. You missed a nice turn up & group of riders.
Re the traffic - I don't doubt the traffic this long weekend & next week - a short 3 day week, with holidays on Monday & Wednesday - is going to be horrific. So you all take care out there, ride safely & try to book your rooms in advance. And all just a test run for the maniacal 4-day new year break Thurs Dec 31 - Sunday Jan 3rd. You've been warned. :?

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Arh, I actually took one photo

733243671_BDgD5-M.jpg

Sep 4, 2007
Hi Ian and Long and guys. Sorry not to turn up at the BBQ, Took a couple of Thais who had never been on the highest point in Thailand before. Thought a 9am start and quick run up and back would see us back in Mae Rim in nice time.
However, as often Thai time prevailed and did not start till 10.00am, by then everyone in Chiang Mai seemed to be heading out on the 108 and those small towns on the way were absolutely jammed with little room for lane threading. Run up to the Doi was OK, Free entry for Thais today, so only paid 20 Baht for the bike, me claiming Pom Bpen Ajarn passa Ankrit etc. Had to pay respect to the King and Queen at their temples.
The road works completed enough to allow cars past.
No chance of photos at the top, by the sign. the last 500m of road was a big car park.
A lot of traffic coming down, not helped by the fact that my pillion, fell asleep half way down and became a dead weight. Safely down and woken up, fed coffee, fast asleep again as soon as I hit the 108. Stayed that way all the way into Chiang Mai.
By the time back, starting to look a little like dark coming and decided discretion the better part of valour and did not come out to Mae Rim.
Sorry to miss you all, will try harder next time.

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Again a very nice come together, was surprised on how many GT-Riders were there. Ian & Long thanks for a splendid organisation !!!! Could do this more often and then start a ride from the X-Center.... :oops: .
Only annoying thing was the f...-up of the SRX6's electrics and me swapping the bikes. Took me 1,5 hours to go back to my house in Hang Dong via the Cholprathan Road, was completely clogged up by Vigo's & Fortuners :evil: . They all went to Ratchapruek Flower show. So a warning for all, during long weekends, don't even dare thinking about this otherwise lovely road around CNX on it's west..........cheers, Franz

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Sorry I didn't make it guys, thanks for all the offers in getting us there.

Back didn't cooporate, ended up pretty much sitting in the hotel for three days. It was great to see the guys I did get to see.

If I come up next year it will be for the BBQ.

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Sorry abt late reply but been busy with other topic and several pictures in there..

But here is my collection from BBQ and i have to say that i think there was way more ppl than last year and happy to see again many new faces and visitors.
BBQ was exelent and very tasty, Thnx Ian to you and your staff for it.
Srry that BKK huligans where not in there,so i did not have change to stuck Banana boy in to your Zorb ball again,,if he would be there i would put him in there and rolling down to street few cliks...

IMG_4040.jpg

IMG_4041.jpg

IMG_4042.jpg

IMG_4043.jpg

IMG_4044.jpg

IMG_4053.jpg

These guys obviesly planning someting nasty again..
IMG_4054.jpg

IMG_4055.jpg

IMG_4056.jpg

IMG_4057.jpg

David Unk, long lost friend hand his son came from Bkk
IMG_4059.jpg

She really dont like me to take pic when she is not ready,,but i like that,,,LOL
IMG_4058.jpg

IMG_4060.jpg

Like my riding pictures comes from back side always :oops:
IMG_4061.jpg

IMG_4062.jpg

IMG_4063.jpg

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
These guys obviously planning someting nasty again..
Just looking at the new beautiful BMW-K1300R, Peter was still in a good mood only when I told him that I talked to his beloved shareholder about it he really got pissed........ :oops: . Oh she loved that one because it costs more than 'Laahn gwa Baht'.............hihihihi, got him into troubles of some kind there.........On the other hand side she also wants him to get the T-Max for 500k up........ :lol: , poor fella our Peetaaaaa, cheers, FR

Dougal

Dec 18, 2007
Someone once said: "Who needs enemies when you've got friends like these?"

Franz always gets me into trouble with SWMBO. It clearly gives him a lot of pleasure. It also gives me pleasure to wriggle out of the problem.
I just tell SWMBO that Franz only wants me to get these bikes because he can't afford it and then he can try them out!! :D

Anyway it was great meeting everyone there and big thanks to Ian and Long for the great spread they put on.

So, the only question remains: Is this going to be a regular event on the GT Rider calender?