GT Riders trip up north Last part the End

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Ok guys& Girls,,back to writing part 3 on our funny tour.
So After delicacy of pig stomach and some coffee to me and peter and new technique what I showed to peter regarding instant coffee, I find instant coffee to be a bit bitter for my taste so to get is taste less bitter some one told me some time ago that when you put coffee powder to your cup, add just a drop of cold water in there and mix it just so all powder gets wet, then add your choice amount of hot water and enjoy,,less bitter instant coffee.
Down back to Mae Sariang and on the way down I found again how beautiful scenery here is.
IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

Cached Peter later on and John were speeding ahead…
IMG_1573.jpg

IMG_1574.jpg

Again sopped to take some more photos, like haven’t took enough already (There is never enough photos)
IMG_1575.jpg

IMG_1577.jpg

Gave some rest for brake pads…(and more pictures for me)
IMG_1578.jpg

I recall John to asked from me earlier where was that sun flower field,,im sure her was speeding beside these, there was unfortunately only few in full colors but they where pretty
IMG_1580.jpg

Here is something what I had to stop and wondering what they where doing, so if some on know what is going on here please let me know, this is just before arriving Bridge leading to Mae Sariang on the left hand side.
IMG_1583.jpg

Arrived to Hotel and hey, It’s john here,,,he was speeding to meet BM boy’s in the town,,, in this time we are only 3 left as Eddie and Thawee left to MHS early in the morning.
IMG_1587.jpg

Evening picture. In this night when we where having dinner and Peter Beer,, 2 guys arrived looking like those guys have traveled a lot,,,Later turned out that it was our already mentioned Stefan & Anton, so next few days we going to be riding together towards to Chiang Mai, they where we exited to hear about MHS loop and they already knew about CM bike week so they are heading to there as well.
IMG_1591.jpg

0651hrs next morning and it was cold like back in old day is Finland, only snow was missing
IMG_1593.jpg

Stefan & Anton’s bike nicely parked to door steps
IMG_1596.jpg

BM guys, note the yellow BM that is been driven from Phuket, before it broke down night earlier and was taken to here by pick up.
IMG_1599.jpg

So off we went, Anton take some memories from Thailand for his photo album and notice no picture from BF,,how come I have forgot that on,, I better put reminder to my phone for trips to come.
IMG_1604.jpg

IMG_1605.jpg

Coffee stop by the some river, and there was some school sports day but as soon we stopped there some of the kids run to look who are we and look our bikes.
IMG_1608.jpg

IMG_1609.jpg

Khun Yuam junction we met BM guys and Peters favorite F800GS girl,,sorry bike. Also we where planning to meet Beat “Beattheswiss” on here as well but either we where too fast or Beat ride nice and slow,,,it took long time and after while waiting we left and of course pop in to them just outside KY town and stopped briefly say hello to him and his lovely wife.
IMG_1611.jpg

Then we stopped on this lovely spot to take photo and John has in some weird reason fall back and we where waiting to him so up as well so we left bikes close to road side, also met again Anton & Stefan here as well,,, they left earlier and planned to go and look hill tripe’s.
IMG_1614.jpg

IMG_1618.jpg

IMG_1616.jpg

IMG_1613.jpg

This is LAST picture from John as he just speeded and took of and we didn’t hear from him almost 3hrs when peter and I planned to go local Police station and report him as missing in somewhere, later he sms that he has abandon us and was on the way to CM, oh well,, we are down to 2 now and droved to MHS where we met Thawee and Eddie and his missus.
IMG_1631.jpg

So I did this, my first time but can believe not last as long I live here.
IMG_1632.jpg

IMG_1636.jpg

IMG_1637.jpg

IMG_1642.jpg

IMG_1643.jpg

Place called before Sun Set coffee, and it’s top of the mountain behind the temple in MHS
IMG_1655.jpg

Again next morning and time for BF in MHS
IMG_1670.jpg

Smoke brake for boys and pictures for me
IMG_1678.jpg

just after abt 500 meters from last place we stopped for coffee for this picture perfect place and I have to say, that cup of coffee what this hill tripe makes is on of the strongest I have drank in LOS.
IMG_1686.jpg

Then we stopped on this place and in some reason it was soo windy and cold there that I forgot to take GPS coordinates, and it was packed with Thai tourists and quick look on the vans plates, noticed that 99% of them from bkk.
IMG_1690.jpg

Sign said, Thailand biggest mango tree
IMG_1696.jpg

So it was time for other joint, sorry, cigarette pause.
IMG_1698.jpg

Then we stopped for a coffee and pop in to some interesting bikes and bicycle guys.
IMG_1699.jpg

Royal Enfield, driven by group of Thai guys
IMG_1702.jpg

Finally Chiang Mai and Rux thai hotel.
Bike week was bit disappointment from my side, did not find what I was looking for and like many people pointed out, not much of accessories except in HD booth.
IMG_1708.jpg

“Too many Buttons and switches”
IMG_1710.jpg

Also met this funny guys,, “Something in this sign tells me that I saw something like this in somewhere,, but cant remember what was it,, “Alzheimer kicks in”
IMG_1714.jpg

Trent stuck upside down inside this Zorb ball in X-Center so I had to help him out from there,,,this guy get him self in trouble where ever he goes or what ever he does,, will be proven shortly
IMG_1720.jpg

What can I say,, if 300+kmh is not enough for you is there any other legal road bikes available for Thai roads….
IMG_1724.jpg

and this bike don’t have brakes at all.
IMG_1735-1.jpg

IMG_1736.jpg

This funny vespa was found in the evening when we came back from CM night market.
IMG_1738.jpg

Then we hooked up with more speed demons…Tony + Family with support vehicle, Trent and David and his lovely wife Mai.
IMG_1742.jpg

Tony actually pealed of all white pain in to his back wheel.
IMG_1747.jpg

Some two handed photos taken.
IMG_1748.jpg

IMG_1749.jpg

I told you that this guy ends up in trouble where ever he goes, could not wait 1minutes as we stopped for coffee and fuel just after 100metrs.
IMG_1750.jpg

IMG_1755.jpg

David and Mai
IMG_1756-1.jpg

Peter in action, all the other’s where too far ahead for any action pictures.
IMG_1758.jpg

Lunch time, and very good fresh coffee as they cock it when we order it, recommended
IMG_1765.jpg

Orange farm, no coffee, only Nam Som
IMG_1775.jpg

Unfortunately I didn’t took coordinates of this place as this was only place where they try cheat us on coffee price by asking 50thb per cop from25thb cup, after little thai language communication she agreed to reduce price for 25ths.
IMG_1780.jpg

Then reached GT
IMG_1785.jpg

Then nice slow ride to look Old City walls of Chiang Saen
IMG_1786.jpg

Trent in action and talking to him self inside helmet…
IMG_1788.jpg

Then we stopped in some reason but Peter continue riding,but noticed soon that we stopped and turned back,, when David said to him Btw it’s one way, where Peter commented yes I know, I was going one way only….
IMG_1799.jpg

Really nice hotel and 350thb with fan and double blankets.

Then I got information from home that night that I need to be home as soon as possible, so I said good byes for the guys really fast and went to hotel for few hrs snoozing as I need to left home that night, so I eat and left 0114hrs (1.14am) and arrived home following afternoon 1400hrs (2pm) total kms for that night 1067km and for me total kms for whole ride was 3300Km
It was best riding experience whole my time in here and wanna do it again as soon as possible.
One more picture, it was so cold that I had to stopped and warm my hands in motor heat and jump up and down get my body warmed.
IMG_1802-2.jpg

Thank you very much for every one involved for ridding and big thank you for David Unk and Ian for making possible for so many GT guys finally to meet. This could be put as yearly happening for us.
(Sorry about long report)

Dougal

Dec 18, 2007
Nice one Marco.

Good report and photos. Have to do another ride so we can post some more!!!

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Colin

After x-mas BM is going thru some serious overhaul and minor modification including ammounting it's own air compressor with 2 outlets so i can fill both tyres and if needed can give air to others.

Nov 26, 2008
nice one Marco. I just got myself a new GPS so i will be marking all your GPS points...thanx for such a detailed report.

will let you know when im heading out and about again. i want one more trip January before i go home for 1 month