GTR SSR house party

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Dear Bigal & Liam, very welcome also to bring your missuses !! Made some remakrs and an update near bottom of page 2 in this post. Cheers, Franz

pee

Mar 10, 2006
Got a lucky bus connection in Paksan... will be pleased to attend the party...
Luckybusconnection.jpg

Sorry for the late answer everything went a bit dodgy lately,
Cheers

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Eric, Liam & all others welcome !! Latest update 47 persons. Not heard anything from Pico, Mark, Auke, Luke or Gobs.....see you tomorrow !! Cheers, Franz

Dec 27, 2007
Lock up your daughters and wives! The Bangkok Hooligans have arrived in Chiang Mai! :happy5:
042310RideToCM1Sm.jpg

Only 3 of us... What we lack in numbers we make up for in volume! :take-that:
Ha ha ha ha!!!
See you tomorrow!
If not too hung over we're thinking about a Samoeng Loop ride in the am with a stop at the X-centre and maybe a dip at the reservoir in the afternoon to cool off.
Perhaps see some of you on the road tomorrow before the party. :mrgreen:
Ride On!
Tony

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
TonyBKK wrote: Lock up your daughters and wives! The Bangkok Hooligans have arrived in Chiang Mai! :happy5:
042310RideToCM1Sm.jpg

Only 3 of us... What we lack in numbers we make up for in volume! :take-that:
Ha ha ha ha!!!
See you tomorrow!
If not too hung over we're thinking about a Samoeng Loop ride in the am with a stop at the X-centre and maybe a dip at the reservoir in the afternoon to cool off.
Perhaps see some of you on the road tomorrow before the party. :mrgreen:
Ride On!
Tony
Welcome to Chiang Mai guys. Aint it ever hot?
I should be rocking up to Franz' 1 - 2PM once happy-go-lucky (& I) get up.

Franz I saw Marco & Harry the Fin in the Bier Stube this arvo. They will see you there tomorrow of course.

Everyone was & is complaining about the heat.
Moto-Rex arrived back in town today too!

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Txs David, won't bother to go into town, just finished tent, all drinking supplies which include a box of 1lt. Red label, 8 boxes big Singha, 2 boxes big horsepiss, Spey red for the ladies 2 boxes and loads of Coke, Sprite, Soda and water.
I will try tomorrow to fit a waterhose onto a tree, have got a German sprinkler which also could be used like a showerhead, have also plenty of dried big-size cold towels, will also try to sprinkle the roof of the tent.......3 big ventilators are also on hand to give us some relief......
Happy Hooligans and Finns made it to CNX, not heard yet of John, another far away GT-Rider.
Tomorrow you can come as early as 12:00 as food will be ready partly (told them not to prepare it in one go and then everything goes cold....) by then...........
Any request that come up tomorrow will be handled on the spot....
Motorbikes, I have put some signs on my fence as to where to park and not obstruct traffic in the Soi; neighbours have been informed and I promised NOT to do fireworks or anything that could spark a fire and make a hell of noise, my DR's sound is enough for them............55555555555555555

Cheers and see you all tomorrow !!!! Looking very much forward to this party !!!!! Franz

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Is there space for PANZAR WAGEN?????

Franz wrote: Txs David, won't bother to go into town, just finished tent, all drinking supplies which include a box of 1lt. Red label, 8 boxes big Singha, 2 boxes big horsepiss, Spey red for the ladies 2 boxes and loads of Coke, Sprite, Soda and water.
I will try tomorrow to fit a waterhose onto a tree, have got a German sprinkler which also could be used like a showerhead, have also plenty of dried big-size cold towels, will also try to sprinkle the roof of the tent.......3 big ventilators are also on hand to give us some relief......
Happy Hooligans and Finns made it to CNX, not heard yet of John, another far away GT-Rider.
Tomorrow you can come as early as 12:00 as food will be ready partly (told them not to prepare it in one go and then everything goes cold....) by then...........
Any request that come up tomorrow will be handled on the spot....
Motorbikes, I have put some signs on my fence as to where to park and not obstruct traffic in the Soi; neighbours have been informed and I promised NOT to do fireworks or anything that could spark a fire and make a hell of noise, my DR's sound is enough for them............55555555555555555

Cheers and see you all tomorrow !!!! Looking very much forward to this party !!!!! Franz

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
There's always space for the German Bus or Panzerwagen or Maehdrescher.................5555555 the last one will give u a headache to translate, but very fitting hihihihi........franz

pee

Mar 10, 2006
Unfortunately bus and songtaew drivers have other commitments. It's a shame; they were a nice bunch... Amazing as in Lao people mood soften any problems.
Once again in Vientiane Khun Fuarck saved what was left of my trip. I could then drive back home cha cha, sabaï, sabaï...
This morning I got passed by the The Bangkok Hooligans after Utaradith... Wish they pass me many more times as their missiles (pictured above) sound very nice :thumbup: ...

Dec 27, 2007
pee wrote: Unfortunately bus and songtaew drivers have other commitments. It's a shame; they were a nice bunch... Amazing as in Lao people mood soften any problems.
Once again in Vientiane Khun Fuarck saved what was left of my trip. I could then drive back home cha cha, sabaï, sabaï...
This morning I got passed by the The Bangkok Hooligans after Utaradith... Wish they pass me many more times as their missiles (pictured above) sound very nice :thumbup: ...
Muahahaha! That was you on the yellow dirtbike / motard? :happy2:
Cool! Well, sorry we couldn't stop to say hi, but really the only way to survive in this crazy heat while wearing full leathers is to haul ass and keep the air flowing :mrgreen:
Time to pass out now- wonderful late lunch at Dukes and dinner at the Good View. I'm STUFFED! :thumbup:
See you tomorrow!
Tony

bigal

Sep 7, 2009
bummer, problem cropped up, cant make it, sorry, hope it is a gud un Franz

bigal

Jurgen

Subscribed
Oct 23, 2009
www.chopard.org
Thank you Franz for the invitation to your great “house party”. I enjoyed it very much and was delighted to meet many GTR “de visu”. An unforeseen problem had me leaving early (straight into Chiang Mai rain and Maerim storm, who brought down trees and electricity). My ”Swiss timing" saw me arriving as the first guest, so that I had a good opportunity to appreciate your hospitality and to enjoy your treats. It was a wonderful initiative.

Cheers

Jurgen

Auke

Nov 10, 2003
Franz wrote: Eric, Liam & all others welcome !! Latest update 47 persons. Not heard anything from Pico, Mark, Auke, Luke or Gobs.....see you tomorrow !! Cheers, Franz
Sorry Franz,

Would have loved to be there but am to busy with other things as I am on my way to Laos for a few weeks after I finally got the OK from my doctor - Cracked ribs (but you know everything about that) and a few other things after my stupid accident.

Cheers and have fun but that should be no problem with 47 GT Riders including the SSR gang.

Auke

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Guys, a big THANK YOU to all for coming !!! My special thanks to all Riders from far away such as Marco and Harry the Finn, John Gooding, Jay-CDRW, and of course the SSR Hooligans Tony-Bkk, Trent, Gerhard and Grant. I hope everyone enjoyed and had a safe ride back home !! Sorry, yesterday I didn't reply to any SMS and never attended the Mobile for headache and cleaning up reasons......So next year there's then another one..... :happy2:

Cheers, Franz

Nov 7, 2007
It was impossible for me to come this time. Blame the little people. But I will definitely definitely come next time!

In fact if all goes as planned I'll be living in Chiang Mai this time next year already so no excuses. Pai is awesome for many people (well save for March/April when it turns into a hot desert hell)... but now I have 2 young kids and we need schools and facilities and civilization so it's back to the city.

Moto-Rex

Subscribed
Jan 5, 2008
Great party Franz.

Thanks very much for putting it on.
Cold beer, tasty food and a great bunch of people, what more do you need.

Cheers and beers. Moto-Rex

Kiwi Cruiser

Ben Kemp
Staff member
May 26, 2007
Thailand
Hi Franz

Just a quick note to say thanks for your hospitality and generosity!!! It was a very pleasant afternoon, with superb planning, organisation and execution by you, to entertain so many thirsty people!

The best part is the opportunity to meet people who you know only by reputation, and from their posts on the GT rider forum. It was a great pleasure for Ann to meet another girl that rides a real motorbike - there are so few lady riders. She was gob-smacked to see a girl on a 650 Ninja on the way over to your place, and really enjoyed chatting with her for the afternoon!

My guess is, your house party will cost me a lot of money, she's already commenting about the Phantom being under-powered! Seeing another lady blasting around on a 650 has got her thinking!!!

We went home to Chiang Rai via 120 to Phayao - the first time she'd had the Phantom on a sweet bit of mountain road and she was grinning from ear to ear when we hit the bottom of the hill...

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Ben, you're welcome. Why not introduce to her a restored SR 400, is a comfy bike, is 'hip', enough power to cruise with 120, not heavy, low seating position & centre of gravity, easily for repairs as there are plenty and cheap..... :smile1: , cheers, Franz

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Franz
Yet another G-R-E-A-T Party....

A million thanks for your over generous hospitality. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Also thanks to all the riders who came from near & afar. :happy4: :happy5:

I hope you all enjoyed yourselves, as I surely did & did not leave until 1.20AM (with HT Woodson.) :lol: :lol:

Just a few photos that I snapped of the boys talking bikes outside.
848148075_FvDdd-M.jpg

848148064_Pcnfp-M.jpg

848148096_57n8Q-M.jpg

848148114_qx9be-M.jpg

THANK YOU
:lol-sign: :lol-sign:

If anyone has any character photos from "inside at the party" will you please post them.

:smile1: :smile1:

bard

Oct 2, 2008
When I got the message I already submitted myself to Rayong bike week, and Johnny (with a very very nice customized black gixxer 1000) had to get back to work in Africa the 27th so he needed a day with the family before he went, he joined me on the bike week. Meanwhile Frank is in Iraq trying to get murdered I guess? We would all loved to have been there Franz, hopefully at the next crossroad we'll meet up.

Too bad I already promised myself to join the bike week so I could not come, hope to get the next one. When I am home I have loads of calls every day from friends who want me to join bike weeks or rides, and my new rule is if I submit myself I shall do.

Good to hear you guys had a brilliant party Franz.

Take care, P.S Neng (Kawa ZX12) says hello.

Cheers Bard

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Bard no pompemm, are you going to Khon Kaen this coming weekend, I'll be there. Please also give my regards, to Neng !! Is he still on the road with Thawee and his HD ? Cheers, Franz

bard

Oct 2, 2008
For the moment he just finished his house and has been offshore for a long time, he has not ridden in months.

I'll be in Khon Kaen, so cool bananas see you there.

Cheers Bard

pee

Mar 10, 2006
Merci Franz... By this hot April afternoon your place was the perfect oasis to be... Thanks for for bringing us together!
HappyTimes2.jpg

(Hope nobody takes offense of the "allegorical pic" above)